Base Location: Flexible - UK
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours per week | Flexible Working Options Available
About the Department
SSE Enterprise is responsible for providing innovative solutions to build, own, operate and maintain energy and communications infrastructure in the UK and Ireland. Our experience in energy and communications infrastructure means we understand the challenges ahead. We deliver projects on time and budget, helping customers prosper now and in the future.
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M+E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M+E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
What is the Role?
Reporting to the Lead Procurement & Commercial Manager, this role will manage the procurement activities of the HV and Civils business area. Demonstrating value leadership, customer service and innovation to support the vision in becoming a world class provider of procurement services and embedding a consistent approach to reduce the total cost of ownership, achieving set targets set in this regard. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for ensuring the business is supported effectively in terms of bid support and tactical / strategic procurement activities.
In this role, you'll work alongside a team of Commercial Managers/Quantity Surveyors charged with ensuring the successful commercial delivery of projects and contracts (both pre and post contract) to achieve the strategic goals of the business. The role holder will assume the responsibility of compliance with Procurement and Commercial policies and procedures.
You'll manage the implementation of a robust Supply Chain Management process within the agreed area of responsibility, this is with a view to achieving 'best in class' support from key suppliers including, but not limited to; preferential access to innovation, market knowledge, cost certainty, high quality, high performance, site logistics management.
In addition, you'll lead the support of key bids from a supply chain perspective, ensuring a clear understanding of most cost-effective supply chain and lowest nett prime cost. Engage regularly with Category Managers and other regional/business unit leads to ensure the wider function provides a co-ordinated, effective and efficient service to the business. You'll also continuously work to strategically improve procedures, standards or policies whilst adhering to regulatory guidelines.
What do I need?
- Degree educated or equivalent direct entry to recognised appropriate professional body.
- Experience of working at a senior level within a contracting organisation with a specific focus and working knowledge of high voltage networks.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of contract structure and documentation, particularly relating to supply contracts and a thorough understanding, knowledge and experience of the processes relating to procurement strategy.
- Experience of supplier development techniques and managing the development of supplier relationships.
- High level of competence in drafting and interpreting commercial supply contracts and extensive experience in delivering procurement services.
- Ability to challenge the status quo to deliver change.
- Ability to gain commitment and 'buy in' with excellent communication skills and presentation skills.
- Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
- Strong people and team performance management capability.
- Strategic thinker who can anticipate future challenges and responds accordingly.
- IT skills including Word, Excel, Power point, Oracle, Emptoris.
- Track record in stakeholder management.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Please be aware if you are successful, you will be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.