Join us as a Procurement Manager
- We’ll look to you to give us a competitive advantage and improve our customer experience
- You’ll be supporting, developing and delivering innovative supply chain solutions that align with our cost and risk appetite expectations
- This is an opportunity to achieve excellent exposure in a highly visible role and to make a real impact with your work
What you'll do
As a Procurement Manager, you’ll be developing and implementing joined-up, global supply chain strategies and solutions that incorporate the full contract life cycle across multiple spend categories, geographies, and business areas.
You’ll also be shaping and executing the development and management of our supply base in line with our strategy, including owning and developing key strategic suppliers on behalf of the bank, identifying potential new suppliers and managing and improving supplier performance.
In addition to this, you’ll be:
- Planning and prioritising all available resource to ensure efficient delivery and management of the supply base in line with our objectives
- Undertaking contract and financial signing authority in line with published delegated levels of authority and regional variations
- Developing and leading strong networks across the supply market and other external organisations, including competitors, and developing deep insights and analysis
- Implementing the stakeholder management strategy and delivering an excellent supply chain service to those stakeholders
- Developing and building a deep understanding of the franchises, functions and business areas relevant to the successful supply chain strategy, and designing and delivering solutions that meet and challenge their requirements
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need commodity and supply chain market knowledge, across a variety of supply chain categories with a demonstrable track record of success in implementation. You’ll be educated to a degree level or equivalent, and you’ll have experience of leading strategic and business critical supplier relationships and contracts to deliver sustainable improvements.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Knowledge of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to supply chain
- Experience of applying supply chain skills and techniques to positively disrupt business strategy and outcomes
- A proven track record in taking ownership for resolving issues within a supply chain services environment
- Experience of implementing a variety of supply chain models, such as offshore, outsourcing, utility and make versus buy
- Experience in cost, financial management and Agile ways of working