Procurement Regional Category Manager - Couriers & Express Parcels | UNITED KINGDOM | GB14391
Excellent opportunity to join our future focused UK Procurement team!!
Kuehne + Nagel are globally recognised as one of the world's leading logistics companies with an enviable market position in the Road, Air, Sea, and Contract Logistics industries. At the heart of Kuehne+Nagel's vision to create sustainable competitive advantage is a focus on Best Practice Procurement, working collaboratively with all business units and across all spend areas to enable improved customer service and retention at the same time as delivering increased shareholder value. The UK Procurement team are responsible for purchasing at best value, defining the strategy for engagement with third party supply markets, managing risk in the supply chain, and identifying and realizing innovation opportunities relating to an annual spend of approx. £1bn. This future focussed function also plays a key role in ensuring the resilience and sustainability of supply arrangements across a broad range of indirect spend categories. In order to achieve our objectives, Kuehne+Nagel are investing in improved capability, honing and refining processes and systems, and recruiting new talent to increase capacity and complement the skillset of the existing team. As such, we are recruiting for a Regional Category Manager. With category management responsibility for Courier, Express Parcels & Less-than-Truckload (LTL) spend and a requirement for interaction with a variety of stakeholders as well as other functional units and project teams, this role is core to the establishment of cutting edge, efficient and resilient logistics operations. It will provide an excellent opportunity for an individual who, as well as deep subject matter expertise and experience, is able to demonstrate excellent stakeholder engagement skills and an appetite for ongoing professional development. The successful applicant will have regional oversight for the category described and be responsible for establishing and maintaining contractual frameworks with multiple supply partners for a diverse scope of domestic and international activities including B2B, B2C, temperature controlled, high value and high security services for both public & private sector clients. The ideal candidate will be confident developing detailed tender documentation, sourcing and negotiating with contractors, producing and presenting comprehensive analysis and finalising contracts.
- Fulfil the role of Subject Matter Expert within Kuehne+Nagel Europe by demonstrating and continuing to develop a detailed understanding of the category and the industry sector(s) and markets upon which it is focused
- Act as Regional Category Manager, collaborating with colleagues in the UK and other countries to provide coherent strategy and messaging and create local, national, regional and potentially global call-off and framework contracts with suppliers and relevant systems providers
- Define and implement optimum strategies for tendering, negotiation, contracting and delivery of best value solutions, flagging risks and providing appropriate mitigations in the process of implementation
- Ensure adherence to established 'Best Practice' procurement and reporting standards and deliver tendered outcomes in timeframes that meet the needs of the business
- Bring together, coalesce and work with cross-functional teams to implement solutions that meet business needs at optimum whole life cost and deliver savings in a manner that is consistent with excellent service to customers
- Own and manage strategically important and operationally critical supplier relationships within the remit of the role, regularly monitoring and managing supplier performance in line with contractual KPIs & SLAs
- Monitor and manage supplier spend within the named category, reviewing and interpreting available data from multiple sources, identifying opportunities to aggregate spend, taking advantage of synergies and consolidating where appropriate
- Challenge specifications to ensure value for money and compliance with Corporate Standards
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- University degree in a relevant discipline would be desirable but not essential. Candidates should ideally be MCIPS qualified, but where this is not the case, the candidate should demonstrate readiness to progress towards and achieve this qualification within accelerated timescales.For the right candidate, KN will also provide support for this in the form of study leave and funded course materials
- Proven track record of working within a professional procurement environment and recent, demonstrable experience of tendering, negotiation and contract drafting
- Understanding and experience of category strategy development and implementation
- Recent experience of procuring solutions and services in the Courier, Express Parcels & Less-than-Truckload (LTL) spend categories
- A strong team player with the ability to manage a varied workload who works on their own initiative whilst aligning with UK & European Procurement strategy and contributing to the achievement of functional aims and objectives
- Ability to interpret and draft contractual documents and templates and interrogate, manipulate and interpret large volumes of data to deliver meaningful insights and inform decision making
- Working knowledge of Parcel Management Solutions, e.g. Centiro, Metapack etc.
- Ability to communicate in other European languages would be desirable