About the role
Product Data & Content Coordinator
£24,000 per annum + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they'll love. Join us as a Product Data & Content Coordinator and you'll be a big part of this.
This is a full time contract, Monday - Friday. At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in when and where we work. For this role we are looking for someone to be able to work from our head office 2-3 days a week, with flexibility to work from home 2-3 days a week.
As a product data & content coordinator you will be responsible for the content structure of new products launched to our digital platforms. You will be accountable for the analysis of customer insights, definition of digital customer product requirements and coordination of specific data required to support new categories. A key role in driving our digital growth, your role will support our online customer's purchasing decision and drive revenue.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Accountable for developing category specific product data requirements based on customer insight analysis.
- Oversee workflow activities to support our new product setup, ensuring we deliver to deadline, to brief and at the quality standards outlines in the principles and guidelines.
- Management of product selling content published digitally for specific product categories.
- Deliver a consistent and cohesive experience for our customer, acknowledging customer decision and understanding the relationship and importance of product category differences.
- Support resolution of product content discrepancies and content improvement initiatives.
- Design and copywrite rules to create impactful and informative product titles and introductions. Understand and utilise all attribute information and specification to create compelling outputs which is a balance of customer language, commerciality and delivers against SEO guidelines.
- Establish yourself as a content expert and be the first port of call for all technical and product content queries for your category areas.
Required skills & experience
We are looking for someone who is:
- A highly organised forward planner with excellent time management skills
- A working knowledge of tools like Riversand (product data system), asset management, Photoshop preferable (but not essential as full training will be provided)
- Product data management or CMS experience an advantage
- Confident user of Excel and large data sets for planning and analysis
Confidence in learning new systems and processes
Uncompromising commitment to quality and delivering excellent customer experiences
A strong communicator with the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
What's in it for me?
As part of a great team, you'll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you'll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you'll do work worth caring about.