Why Digital & Tech at M&S
We're changing the way we do things, and putting industry leading innovation at the heart of how we operate. You'll be joining one of the most iconic brands in the UK on its most exciting cycle yet. We're more integrated and product led in our tech teams than ever before: learning, changing, and adapting constantly, with millions of people benefiting from your work every single day.
Platforms are at the heart of software engineering at M&S. With over 1000 engineers at M&S, developer platforms allow us to build the best experiences at scale for our users. Focusing on the right core enablers, our platforms are the go-to solution for engineers building new apps, helping reduce teams' time to innovate and deliver.
As a Product Manager for a developer platform, you will be passionate about building products that engineers love, directing the product management function with user-centricity to improve developer experience and deliver self-service capabilities.
What You'll Do Every Day
- Management of complex and impactful platform products and reusable components with a high level of autonomy that leads to the delivery of significant measurable value
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with the broader technology and business vision with OKRs aligned across all levels of Product
- Collaborate closely with senior partners aligning engineering, product and technical priorities to set the product function direction and evangelise the product roadmaps
- Lead the product team through the Product Management lifecycle ensuring success measures are defined and tracked
- Create business cases or lean canvas, including market analysis, costs, and business/user benefits.
- Drive teams to successfully adopt DevOps, supporting in the triage and resolution of major incidents where required and collaborating with Engineering and Technical Programme Management to ensure operational success.
- Ensure products are launched correctly with the appropriate stakeholder management and communications in place
- Proactively identify and apply insight from customer research, data analytics, and market and competitor analysis to ensure M&S is best in class.
- Use and generate high value from product optimisation, experimentation techniques and user science tools to validate ideas and influence the products.
You Should Apply If
- Significant experience in technical product management, demonstrating an ability to collaborate closely with engineering teams to effectively prioritise
- Experience and passion for platforms and a deep understanding of the value they add
- Experience of running successful Product delivery in an Agile software environment to deliver customer-led outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to engage with cross functional teams in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- Experience and understanding of Product Health and performance through key SLA's e.g. Platform Availability, Usage Metrics, Performance Metrics and Scale metrics
- Excellent requirements analysis and prioritisation skills
- You are a connector, bringing people together you help make improvements even in areas you do not own.
- You can strongly influence decisions you don't own.
Working for Us Means
- Hybrid Working
- Industry leading pension of up to 12% M&S contribution
- Bonus up to 40%
- 20% discount on M&S products
- Up to 2 weeks working abroad
- Learning days once a month, Tech/Ed days once a quarter and Hackathon every other quarter
- A range of wellbeing support (including free counselling and a virtual GP for you and immediate family)
- 25% off gym memberships, access to online fitness classes and discounts for complementary health services, such as nutrition and lifestyle coaching