The Transport team is responsible for planning, executing and tracking of all the transport of goods in Tesco. The Transport team designs and implements systems and services for allocating vehicles based on capacity management for distribution from depots into the stores as well from the stores into the customers door step.
With more than £2Billion GBP spent on transportation, it is an ideal opportunity for designing better fleet utilization software to unlock huge savings. The team is also implementing advanced algorithms for vehicle routing and tracking to minimize fuel expenses as well as to provide real time delivery tracking information to customers.
The Role - Product Manager - Transport
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Work closely with business process owners to create epics and user stories that specify the features to be implemented in the Transport Systems.
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to both 3 rd party and Tesco engineering teams using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the teams in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
- Ensure understanding and communication of requirements throughout project.
- Identify opportunities to release incremental value across teams and work with PMs and Engineering to plan sprints/releases that deliver maximum value with the least effort.
- Drive and document NFRs to ensure that we build a robust, extensible, supportable strategic Product.
- Ensure Technology policies & standards are considered and adhered to during development.
- Primary go-to resource for all matters relating to your Transport product.
- Present to other Tesco Product areas the Transport product and its functional/ engineering capabilities, including demonstrating the platform features.
An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 10-20% of base salary
Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
Buy As You Earn Scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares and save tax after 3 months of service
Save As You Earn Scheme which gives you the opportunity to save direct from your pay for three or five years with the option of using your savings to buy Tesco shares at a discounted price after 1 year of service
Access to Tesco Learning and Development Academy, Safari Books https://www.safaribooksonline.com and Plurlsight Technology Learning Platform https://www.pluralsight.com
Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Cycle to work and Car Share Schemes
Onsite discounted Nuffield Health Gym https://www.nuffieldhealth.com