Here at O2, we're about technology that creates new and exciting experiences. It's why there are over 25 million people who choose to live life on O2.
Being part of Telefonica, one of the world's most innovative digital companies, we're able to open up all sorts of possibilities - not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. Flexible working. These are just some of the reasons we attract great talent.
Our inclusive approach to recruitment helps us be a true reflection of our customers and their communities. That's why everybody's welcome at O2 - it's time to get everyone in the room.About the team
Through its strong brand, award winning customer service and unique product offering, O2 has the opportunity to provide B2B customers with a truly unique offering in the market. Working within the wider O2 Business Division, the Business Product team has the remit to define Telefonica UK's O2 Business (500+ employees) product strategy, create compelling new products and propositions across unified comms, connectivity, security, mobility, commerce, IoT and data through innovation and enhancements of existing products and work closely with the Business sales team in bringing them to market.Your role
Reporting to the Director of Products and Propositions in the Business Division, the Product Operations Lead will be responsible for managing effective co-ordination of all activity right across the Business portfolio of products. This is a new role, managing a team of ~3-10 people and the successful candidate will take ownership in ensuring the team is set up for success and have best practice skills in their area.
You'll be responsible for ensuring the appropriate quality, cost and schedule targets are adhered to by all project and product managers across all deliverables (new products, product enhancements, platforms etc.). Given the broad range and scale of products, this role will need to coordinate across a wide range of stakeholders and build consensus on both the immediate priorities as well as the longer term roadmap. You will need to be exceptional at planning, milestone management, goal settings, project execution and governance, prioritisation, resource forecasting and reporting.
This is a high profile position, reporting to a Director. The successful candidates will be expected to be comfortable in communicating at this level to ensure the O2 Business Product roadmap remains firmly on track.
The role provides a fantastic opportunity to build and run a team of high performing individuals with large accountability and visibility and ultimately be a key player in driving the direction for a 1bn+ organisation. Responsibilities
Key Skills & Experience
- Establishing, maintaining, communicating and embedding key product governance processes including: gating process, capex and opex approvals, launch control, customer experience standards, sales readiness, pricing approvals, alignment with sales teams etc.
- Leading process improvement and standards development across the Products and Propositions team.
- Coordinating and collating product roadmaps and plans from across the team, to consolidate into an overall roadmap
- Coordinating product input into the 3 year plan and budgeting processes
- Ensuring oversight of and on time. on budget delivery of major project and/or programme across the Product organisation
- Assessing, controlling and managing all product related risks, including ensuring preparation of mitigation and contingency plans
- Coordinating overall product communication to the rest of the division, including status reporting, sales updates etc.
- Manage accreditations/requirements such as CAS(T), ISO and Cloud Security Principles..
- Functional responsibility for project management capability (embedded into the respective teams) and methodology.
- Building and maintaining an effective relationship with delivery teams within Operations. Manage prioritisation of requirements from the Operations teams from across the Product team, and manage that relationships with Operations
- Coordinate submission of business cases for capex and opex needs to sub-investment committee, investment committee, and other approval forums, to ensure that the right materials are submitted at the right time.
- Significant experience in programme and project management, reporting, standards, and governance
- Good understanding of product management disciplines
- Experience in the creation, deployment and management of processes, tools and frameworks to deliver change
- Proven ability to build and inspire teams to achieve exceptional results - whether direct teams or across matrix organisations.
- A strong understanding of the B2B product landscape
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and to work under pressure with different teams
- Process oriented mindset, with a strong eye for detail and drive for continuous improvement
- Has vision, drive, diplomacy and the ability to make things happen in an environment of ambiguity, complexity and multiple stakeholders.
- Able to influence others in the absence of direct authority.
- Operates with gravitas and credibility at a senior level.
- Is an excellent communicator (and listener) at all levels - able to translate complexity into straightforward and simple language.
- Dynamic and customer-centric with the ability to flourish in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
Grade - PCGS
We're looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we're open to considering part-time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.