Job Title: Production Engineering Manager
Location: Rosyth, Fife, GB, KY11 2YD
Role Type: Permanent
Compensation: £47377 - £55852 per annum + Benefits
Job ID: 43315
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Lead Production Engineer (Successor). You will lead, manage and coordinate a team for delivery of a production, manufacturing or operational engineering activities safely to the requisite engineering standards to meet agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Lead Production Engineer with proven Production Engineering experience,
What will you be doing?
The production engineering function provide technical and planning support to a production, manufacturing or operations activity. At this level you will be responsible for full managerial control of a single engineering department or unit and will provide engineering support to an organisation to meet current and future operational, contract or project targets to time, cost and quality.
Your key responsibilities will include
* Lead, coordinate and control one or several teams such that staff are developed, utilised and deployed effectively, employee performance & motivation is maximised to meet organisational standards and requirements
* Develop and implement plans, approaches, schedules and improvement programmes to deliver ongoing monthly, quarterly and annual kpi's, sla's and objectives for a department, unit or enabling service
* Oversee the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of engineering methods, processes and systems for new and existing products.
* Ensure a safety-first culture within the area and deploy arrangements to ensure compliance with appropriate business and statutory health, safety, environmental, fire and other specialist requirements (eg nuclear safety, military, governmental)
* Ensure Statements of Work, works orders and work schedules, people, tooling, equipment and materials are in place to complete tasks and optimise the quality and efficiency of tasks production activities
* Ensure effective engagement and coordination with all stakeholders (internal and external) to manage and build customer relations to the benefit of the business
The experience you'll bring
* Proven production engineering experience
* You should hold or have ability to obtain full SC Clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 24th May 2022