Join us as a Production Manager
- We'll look to you to lead the production management for your domain to ensure availability for business use as per agreed expectations based on business resilience, continuity requirements and customer expectations
- You'll provide out of hours escalation support for Payments incidents, making sure the platform’s integrity is maintained
- It’s an opportunity to make a real impact and be pivotal in the success of our business, while benefiting from great variety and stakeholder exposure
What you'll do
As a Production Manager, you’ll contribute to the delivery of a robust production management, infrastructure and application support service for relevant platforms, activities and processes across your domain. You'll also manage in-bound work requests and ensure both efficient and effective prioritisation and scheduling of work across the domain, using transparency and fast feedback loops to identify scheduling problems or other issues.
Along with managing relationships with platform, domain and relevant cross-domain stakeholders, you'll consistently be looking for potential improvements of existing processes and procedures across production management disciplines. As such, you'll establish an environment of continual learning and feedback.
You'll also be:
- Driving the health of applications including any legacy infrastructure or software currency and remediation
- Working with leads, managements and others to define and execute the domain's future state vision
- Identifying and capturing risks and issues relevant to the production environment, engaging and coordinating with other leads to identify potential solutions and enable resolution
- Making sure that applications and infrastructure are fully compliant to mandated standards by adhering to processes and security compliance
- Ensuring resilient and robust applications and infrastructure recovery plans to meet the business recovery requirements
The skills you'll need
Your technical knowledge and experience will cover platforms, technology, products and domains, and you'll have experience of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues
- Knowledge and experience of using operational principles
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Strong people management, leadership and motivation skills
- A solid background working in an Agile or DevOps environment with continuous delivery and continuous integration