CPU Manager - Dorset
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for the day to day management and implementation of all Production, Food Safety, Production Hygiene, and production control monitoring activities and all logistical support associated with production processing and packaging of quality-controlled snacks and meal items and the delegation of staff duties and responsibilities to meet all operational needs.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary More about the role:
Who you are:
- Managing production for a minimum of 8,000 meals per day
- Compliance with legislation and food safety
- Effectively planning and managing distribution via local fleet
- Planning resources and taking corrective actions to address shortfalls within budget
- Optimising the effective and efficient running of the production kitchen to meet budgetary targets and KPIs
- Preparing and organising the department for internal and external visitors / audits
- Meeting and continuously improving performance targets
- Communicating company / departmental information to line leaders and others to enable information to be cascaded and briefed effectively in a timely manner, promoting a two way communication process
- Team training and development in line with personal development plans
- Planning menus in partnership with nutritional teams including special diets
- Working closely with the management team to enhance the customer experien
Who we are:
- Experience within a large kitchen/food production environment
- Excellent craft skills
- Organised and structured
- Excellent communicator with good management skills
- Working knowledge of Haccp and food safety - Minimum Level 4 Food Safety
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in stock ordering, control and procurement management
- Proven track record of achieving GP margins and budget targets
- Experience of HR procedures including disciplinary processes, recruitment and selection, training and appraisals
- Excellent Word and Excel skills
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.