Join us as a Production Support and Deployment Lead
- Build your career in a highly strategic role and help us shape the future of our business and the technical platforms on which it depends
- We’ll look to you to play a key role in managing and driving more complex or critical production management for the domain or product to ensure availability for business use
- You’ll be responsible for the team’s activities to make sure that platform integrity is maintained in line with the platform and technical roadmap releases
What you'll do
As a Production Support and Deployment Lead, you’ll be empowering and leading a team to make sure levels of service and quality of deliverable meet the needs of the business. You’ll be consistently looking for continuous improvements of existing processes and procedures across production management disciplines, and establishing an environment of continual learning and feedback.
In addition, you’ll be collaborating with and influencing colleagues and stakeholders across the bank and third party suppliers on the applications under management, ensuring the timely delivery of solutions which support the business and are in line with the overall policies.
- Own all Production and Application support for HBO, problem and environment management, availability for customer and business use against expected and agreed service level agreements and provide a central view for all activities and performance levels, connecting teams and initiative leads where appropriate
- Own HBO deployments for both legacy core and new transformation services, ensuring they are successfully delivered and supported, and that the platform integrity and stability is maintained, with overall responsibility for all environments
- Move the department to a DevOps based model aligning with the transformation initiatives, defining standards and federating staff into all of the transformation workstreams
- Own the design and execution of disaster recovery scenarios in collaboration with appropriate business and technology stakeholders, including reporting and proving the resilience capability of business services at all times, including the ability to maintain business service in a period of crisis
- Maintain strong relationships with the wider bank to ensure activity that may impact HBO is understood and managed, for example infrastructure changes, patching events, incidents and problem management
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for an expert communicator with a technical understanding, including platform, technology, products and domains. You’ll additionally need knowledge and experience of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment.
You’ll also need:
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues
- Good collaboration skills
- Experienced in managing stakeholders effectively, building trust and rapport
- Knowledge and experience of operational principles