Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"The Production Support Engineer at Sky plays a critical role in supporting some of the most advanced broadcast technologies in the world." - Production Support Team Manager
What you'll do:
- Support Sky News Osterley and Millbank, Sky Sports News, Sky Sports Racing, Sky F1, Remote production facilities and general purpose studios across the Osterley campus.
- Collaborate closely with shift colleagues and specialist engineers to establish root cause of issues
- Provide a support organisation that reacts quickly to failure and ensure that the responding Engineer has all the tools, access and knowledge available to resolve the issues
- Ensure incidents are logged and reported to high standards and maintain documentation and knowledge-base, ensuring information is up to date and accurate.
- Take ownership of issues for the Support department
What you'll bring:
- Education to HND level in Broadcast Engineering, Media Technologies or equivalent.
- A good understanding of the television signal chain from the camera lens and microphone to the television screen and speakers at home. Understanding of technical specification and recommendations specifically Sync reference (Analog, Digital and PTP), SD and HD-SDI, UHD, HDR, WCG, AES and SMPTE 2022/2110
- A good understanding of television cameras, vision mixers, audio mixers and video routers
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- The desire to work in a pressurised environment and demands of a live broadcast environment
Group Product: We're the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we're collaborative, empowered and innovative - together, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to support you as much as we can with the option to swap shifts with other team members.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.