Join us as a Programme Manager
- This is an opportunity to put your skills to the test in an exciting new career challenge as you define and lead a strategic portfolio of strategic change programmes
- You’ll own all programme plans, controls, resource plans and progress reporting, keeping a constant focus and challenge on delivering customer value
- Joining a fast paced and forward thinking environment, you’ll benefit from valuable stakeholder exposure, and will gain great recognition for you and your work
What you'll do
In your new role, you’ll be accountable for the programme and project lifecycles to deliver sustainable business and customer outcomes, while ensuring all governance, risk, finances and resources are managed effectively across a range of delivery methodologies. You'll drive multi geographic teams through end-to-end delivery of the programme, ensuring delivery of value outcomes to robust quality management and financial controls of the associated risk profile. You’ll also prepare a financial business case for the programme with a clear line of sight to customer value being delivered in accordance with the investment portfolio and funding requirements.
You’ll be delivering customer value by defining the programme, including the preferred methodology working with a range of stakeholders, while making sure they follow the appropriate objectives, structure and scope.
You’ll also be:
- Building integrated critical path work streams and programme plans, recognising and managing interdependencies and the impacts other programmes may have
- Ensuring effective technology, architecture and business activities are progressed within the programme, and effectively preparing the business for change, engaging all appropriate stakeholders
- Working with delivery teams and the relevant centres of excellence, to make sure the appropriate resources, with the right skills and capabilities to deliver customer value, are assigned to deliver the programme
- Building, managing and maintaining a positive working relationship with senior stakeholders across multiple franchises, domains and functions, influencing decision making in line with business objectives
- Understanding the impacts other programmes or domain backlogs may have and manage the dependencies
The skills you'll need
We’ll look to you to bring knowledge and experience of programme and portfolio management theories, models and practices, such as Agile and DevOps environments.
You’ll also need:
- An appropriate programme management qualification
- Understanding, experience, and a related qualifications of delivery in scaled Agile and DevOps environments and associated toolsets, as well as Waterfall methods where required
- Experience of managing and controlling costs to a budget
- Experience of delivering strategic programmes that support the business strategy and its growth agenda
- To be a very capable communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills