Here at Serco we're looking for a Programme Manager to join Serco Skills; a part of our Employment, Skills and Enterprise business unit. Serco Education delivers a range of national programmes and apprenticeships for the education sector including school business professionals, classroom teachers and school leaders, as well as those in the business sector - and as our Programme Manager you'll ensure we continue to deliver this incredibly important work.
As Programme Manager your primary responsibilities are to specify, develop and assess the digital training provided by Serco to external learners. The delivery will be a mixture of delivery through end to end sub-contractors, self delivery and hybrid delivery where the learner journey is always under Serco control and direction but parts delivered through third parties. Self-delivery will include the management of a team (up to ten) of digital skills tutors. Digital skills will be offered in areas and sectors that align with the overall Skills Strategy. Our aims are to deliver high quality, effective and competitive digital skills training that enable learners to advance their career and to the high standards of quality as judged by OFSTED. Funding will be from a wide range of sources including combined local authorities (AEB, NSF), the ESFA, apprenticeships and self funding. The provision of this training will be subject to OFSTED and ESFA oversight.
What you'll need to do the role:
This role will be a mixture of developing and managing curricula, managing self delivery and overseeing the quality of delivery from third parties and so subject matter expertise in digital skills and working within an OFSTED governed environment is therefore essential. You should also have:
- Experience of studying at level 4 or above
- Experience in delivering or assessing digital skills training at level 4
- Experience of digital skills curriculum development and implementation for level 2-4 programmes.
- Commitment to personal development and learning
- Effective research skills.
- Ideally, experience of working in an ESFA or OFSTED governed environment.
- Meaningful and vital work: The Serco Education team, with our partners, deliver a range of national programmes for school leaders, school managers, classroom and support colleagues as well to those in the business sector.
- A world of opportunity: Around the world, we improve essential services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively.
- Great people: A strong public sector ethos runs through our organisation which is why you will always find our people are motivated to make a positive difference.
What we offer:
- Salary up to £45k plus matched 6% contributory pension scheme;
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships;
- We offer flexible/agile working environments;
- The chance to make a positive difference
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
We have a mandate to deliver brilliantly. If you think this role would suit you, working in an exciting and challenging environment with like-minded individuals, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident level 3 employer and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.