Join us as a Programme Manager
- This is an opportunity to put your skills to the test in an exciting new career challenge as you define and lead a strategic portfolio of strategic change programmes
- You’ll own all programme plans, controls, resource plans and progress reporting, keeping a constant focus and challenge on delivering customer value
- You'll drive teams through end-to-end delivery of the programme and projects scope, ensuring delivery of value outcomes to robust quality management and financial controls - time, cost, quality - as well as management of the associated risk profile
- Joining a fast paced and forward thinking environment, you’ll benefit from valuable stakeholder exposure, and will gain great recognition for you and your work
What you'll do
In your new role, you’ll be responsible for the overarching plans, resource profile plans and monitoring, effective progress reporting as well as ensuring all interlocking plans, interdependencies and synergies are in line across wider programme plans and controls. You'll be accountable for the programme and project lifecycles to deliver sustainable business and customer outcomes, while ensuring all governance, risk, finances and resources are managed effectively across a range of delivery methodologies. You’ll prepare a financial business case for the programme with a clear line of sight to customer value being delivered in accordance with the investment portfolio and funding requirements.
You'll be accountable for developing positive collaborative working relationships with stakeholders across a span of technical and business areas and functions, at different levels of hierarchy including onshore, offshore and 3rd party resources.
You’ll be delivering customer value by defining the programme, including the preferred methodology working with a range of stakeholders, while making sure they follow the appropriate objectives, structure and scope.
You’ll also be:
- Working with delivery teams and the relevant centres of excellence, to make sure the appropriate resources, with the right skills and capabilities to deliver customer value, are assigned to deliver the programme
- Driving team performance, setting and monitoring team member objectives as well as investing time in people with regular coaching and formal appraisal framework to allow growth and to expand their development, knowledge and success
- Building, managing and maintaining a positive working relationship with senior stakeholders across multiple franchises, domains and functions, influencing decision making in line with business objectives
- Understanding the impacts other programmes or domain backlogs may have and manage the dependencies
The skills you'll need
We’ll look to you to bring knowledge and experience of programme and portfolio management theories, models and practices, such as Agile and DevOps environments.
You’ll also need:
- An appropriate programme management qualification
- Experience of managing and controlling costs to a budget
- Knowledge and experience of delivery within the payments industry and exposure to external scheme and working with third party product suppliers
- Experience of delivering strategic programmes that support the business strategy and its growth agenda
- To be a very capable communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills