Job Title: Project Controls Manager
Location: UK (Flexible)
Compensation: £55,000 to £60,000 DOE + Benefits
Role Type: Full time
Job ID: SF43748
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Controls Manager to join our Project Management team. In this role you'll be supporting the planning and delivery of the Miecznik frigate programme, as well as supporting the development and management of the programme project controls team and associated processes. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team and develop a future career with Babcock International. Ideally based in Rosyth however alternative UK location may be considered.
Here at Babcock International Group we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Project Controls Manager to lead, inspire and manage our project controls team, ensuring adherence to a common set of practices, principles and templates for projects, portfolios and programmes. You'll ideally have experience in establishing Project Controls plans and processes within a ship building environment.
What will you be doing?
In this role you'll be required to travel internationally, resulting in you typically spending one week per month in Poland. Therefore, you'll be a flexible and adaptable individual with the ability and willingness to travel outside of the UK.
The role involves:
* Responsibility for establishing/maintaining or adhering to the specific PC governance, processes and procedures across a project
* Establishing the project baseline position in terms of scope/cost /schedule and the ongoing governance control of these.
* Managing scheduling staff to develop, manage, revise, and analyse integrated project schedules including all phases of project execution
* Managing project controls staff to provide cost management/change management/risk & opportunity management and document management provision.
* Provision of regular management reporting both internal and external to the project to provide relevant, accurate and reliable information on the status and forecast of the project.
The experience you'll bring
* Ideally a bachelor's degree in engineering/project/construction management or a related field
* A postgraduate qualification is also desirable, as is membership in a professional body
* NEC ECC Project Manager Accreditation (or equivalent)
* APM Project Professional Qualification (PPQ)
* APM Project Planning & Controls - Practitioner
* APM Project Risk Management Single Subject Certification - Level 2 is desirable
* Earned Value Management Certification - Practitioner is desirable
* Project Risk Management Course is desirable
* Must hold or have ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 7th July 2022