Job Title: Project Controls Officer
Location: Bristol - Hybrid
This role requires regular travel to Bristol on a weekly basis alongside remote working arrangements and access to any Babcock Hub.
Compensation: £ 37,908.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44560
Joining the Programme Delivery Team reporting in to the PEDS Programme Manager to assist with the Planning & Engineering Design Services (PEDS) Contract.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Project Controls Officer who will be responsible for applying project controls competencies independently primarily in complex situations across P3M and lead on project controls support across schedule management, budgeting & cost control, risk & opportunity management, requirements management, change management and document management.
What will you be doing?
- Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets including Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW)
- Develop/baseline and maintain the Project integrated schedule (Level 1-3)
- Develop and maintain Project Risk & Opportunity registers and manage the mitigation actions
- Implementation of change management process on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements
- Provision of weekly and monthly performance reports and associated analysis/narrative
The experience you'll bring
- Strong IT skills essential
- Extensive recent and relevant experience in technology, Defence or engineering a similar environment / business sector desirable
- You'll ideally be educated to degree level in Civil, Structural or related engineering discipline, or hold a level 4/5 STEM qualification (HNC/HND) but this is not an essential requirement if you hold substantial experience
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.