Job Title: Project Director
Location: Aylesford, Kent
Business Area: Regional Building - Strategic Projects
Strategic Projects deliver high value, complex building projects. Working nationwide we partner with our Regional businesses to blend their local knowledge with our large-scale expertise. From urban regeneration and commercial developments, through to cutting-edge laboratories and large-scale public sector facilities, we build and renew spaces for healing, learning, trading, protecting and discovering.
Kier Strategic Projects is currently seeking a Project Director to join their team with experience working on projects to the value of £100mil. The Project Director is responsible for directing the site management team through all phases of a project to meet the contract requirements and delight the customer. The Project Director is also responsible for client liaison and generating new business in line with the Business Plan.
What do we need from you?
- Ensuring Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) matters are managed on the Project.
- Leading the project on and ensuring all contractual requirements are met.
- Leading on all aspects of Construction and supporting and providing guidance to the operational management team on the project.
- Lead on and appropriately allocate resources to achieve the outcome required
- Lead and Support the Commercial team in administering subcontracts.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met by the site management teams and communicated as required.
- Create a high performing team environment for all staff to excels and grow
- Provide a transparent working environment that supports as well as seeks support early when required
- Take responsibility for all aspect of the project, leading by example being supporting and challenging in equal measure
- Develop Client and stakeholder relationships.
- Ensure performance targets, goals and objectives are achieved.
- Promote leadership qualities to all levels and encourage the development of individuals.
- Leading on bids and taking ownership for a successful outcome
- Developing and thoroughly stress testing proposed programme durations, sequences and methodologies on tenders
- Lead on / Engage in and support cross business initiatives
- Extensive Project Management experience on major complex construction projects to the value of £100mil+.
- HNC/HND/Degree in Construction.
- Chartered Status desirable.
What will you receive?
Bring your Talent and ambition to Kier and you'll enjoy the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. You can also expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a bonus scheme (and potential to participate in a discretionary long-term incentive plan), company car or car allowance, private healthcare, excellent company pension scheme, 26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), together with the additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free life assurance
- Access to a range of attractive flexible benefit options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyle
- Two employee share scheme options
- Flexible and agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee assistance programme
- Annual health screening
- Income protection
- Access to kier rewards, our exclusive discount shopping site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.
It's worth remembering that we'll undertake the relevant/ standard employment checks if you're successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted and Focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Kier is an inclusive employer
Closing Date: 19/05/2021