About The RoleAbout this opportunity
Senior member of Gleeds, responsible for managing projects, customer relationships, and managing and coordinating the activities of other members of the Gleeds Programme and Project Management Team as appropriate.
The position presents excellent potential future career progression opportunities to Director level for the right candidate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the Project Management Team in Bristol comprising a growing team of 7 staff and report directly to the South-West Area Project Management Service Line Lead.
- Supporting Business Unit Directors in delivering business objectives
- Actively identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business Unit’s activities.
- Positively engaging with customers and developing, growing and maintaining customer relationships
- Delivering high quality services and deliverables ensuring that services meet our Customer’s requirements.
- Managing teams to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures
- Administering contracts as a contract administrator, employer’s agent or project manager.
- Producing and presenting to customers
- Mentoring and coaching employees so that they realise their full potential
- Preparing bids for services.
- Managing service delivery for profit.
- Advising directors promptly of any issues that have arisen, or may arise, on projects; in particular those that might impact on Gleeds professional indemnity (PI) insurance.
- Actively identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the business units activities
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- Generous holiday plus option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
About The CandidateWho we’re looking for:Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Track record of successful project delivery in the Education, Healthcare, wider Public Sector generally and/or local Government and central Government, Blue Light, as well as the private sector on mixed use developments.
- Broad, in-depth project management and/or programme management experience post qualification.
- Detailed knowledge and practiced experience of project management techniques
- Sound knowledge of the industry (including factors affecting it) and construction methods and materials
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts.
- Ability to administer construction contracts as Contract Administrator, Employer’s Agent and/or Project Manager
- Ability to motivate others (including providing support and encouragement) and to lead high performance teams.
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written.
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily.
- Excellent problem solving, negotiating, financial and numeracy skills
- Sound ICT skills, with a high proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage teams.
- MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) or
- MAPM (Member of the Association for Project Management) or
- MCIOB (Member of the Chartered Institute of Building)
About The CompanyBe part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunties employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality