Project Engineer x 10
About the Role
Here at Babcock International we're looking for 10 Project Engineer's (PE's) to join us at HMNB Devonport, one of the largest naval bases in Western Europe. We're a key strategic partner to our customers; the MOD and the Royal Navy. We ensure that the UK Royal Navy goes to sea safely by supporting them in Devonport and around the world, delivering complex ship and submarine sustainment programmes and applying our core strengths of technology and expertise to sustain critical and complex assets to help maintain national security.
This is an exciting time for the PMO, now sitting under the newly formed Business Support Organisation (BSO) with a recruitment drive, well underway to meet the demands of a very busy Submarine Maintenance Programme. There are many new work streams commencing in early 2020 including the Vanguard and Astute Class Submarine Deep Maintenance Periods (DMPs), which extend beyond the next 30 years.
- Analyse, vet and interrogate the work specification to ensure a full and detailed understanding of the customer requirements iaw Project progress reviews and Project life cycle.
* Ensure elements of work comply with the customer's requirements as per the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
* To include the correct Task Description, Quality Status, Materials and Equipment identified to meet the Customer requirement and standards required.
* Undertake and understand Change Management - Technically and Commercially.
* Review and submit RDAR Enquires
* PE's are required to maintain good working relationships and liaise with Key Stakeholders of the Project including Production, Production Managers, SMEs, the Customer and their direct Management (SPE's/BSM's)
* Undertake regular vessel visits to ascertain work requirements including identifying any Work in way
What do I need to do the role?
* You will be qualified to a minimum ONC in Engineering or equivalent experience in a relevant engineering based subject, although consideration will be given to an applicant who has demonstrable project or production experience.
All relevant training will be provided.
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Good Organisational Skills
* Flexible Attitude
* Display the Babcock Principles
This position is within the Submarines business unit as a grade 3 which has a salary of £31,471 with DRDL Terms and Conditions. Babcock offers a supportive environment including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours (only non-industrials), career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams. Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme.
You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.
If you are currently employed by Babcock, please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role. Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.