Job Title: Project Engineer (Signalling)
Location: Translink Office, Belfast, Derry, Londonderry. Agile working but on site regularly when required
Compensation: £48,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42759
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Babcock as a Signalling Project Engineer, where you will be required to undertake the day-to-day management and co-ordination of the technical and engineering activities for the Signalling discipline. Also interfacing with CRE's and across the disciplines where required you will be an integral part of the project team.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Signalling Project Engineer with the ability to take decisions on all matters that have an important long term effect, as well as co-ordinating the operation and development of the team. Highly organised, you will be able to manage the workload of the team, while balancing priorities and scheduling resources. This role will be suited to someone who can exercise management control, also delegating responsibility where appropriate.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include
* To confirm that all signalling construction complies with all applicable standards, legislation, contract requirements and specifications.
* Attendance at IDC's of other disciplines to confirm that their construction interfaces correctly with Signalling Construction activities.
* Liaise with team members, clients and sub-contractors in order to resolve any technical issues.
* Management of Sub Contractors.
* Liaise with Project Manager/Client to ascertain project requirements and understand project remit.
* Work closely with Project Manager to ensure all Signalling cost targets are met.
* Ensure that changes to scope and specifications are managed and that risk registers are robustly reviewed.
The experience you'll bring
* Signalling Project Engineering experience is essential
* Assistant Project Engineers will also be considered
* Experience of onsite delivery of signalling projects
* Chartered Engineer ideally
* Fully conversant with railway structure and associated safety matters
* In depth knowledge of utilities, construction and contracting
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Holiday entitlement - 27 days
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 16th August 2022