Position: Project Estimator
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Department: Sales & Estimating
Milbank is a well-established, leading supplier of high quality Precast Concrete Floors, Stairs and bespoke products within the UK. Milbank specialises in various sectors within the construction industry including advice, design, manufacture and installation.
- Evaluations of drawings to produce an accurate take-off/mark-up of the project.
- To produce accurate quotations that reflects the clients’ requirements.
- To liaise with colleagues within the Sales & Estimating department regarding the project in order to increase the likelihood of securing the project.
- Monitor the workload and prioritise your time in consultation with the Sales Office Supervisor and Sales Director.
- Update our internal 4P system to reflect the current status of each enquiry/quotation.
- Perform other tasks and duties as reasonably requested by the Sales Office Supervisor or Sales Director.
- An ability to act in a professional manner when communicating either orally or written with colleagues, customers and associated parties.
- Diligence is required to produce accurate quotations.
- Can communicate in a clear and concise manner to all levels of customers.
- To demonstrate and maintain a positive “can-do” approach to all aspects of the role.
- Understands the importance of producing an accurate quotation while taking into consideration any relevant commercial factors that may impact the chances of securing the business.
- A strong level of computer literacy is essential including knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Programs. Additional knowledge of software such as Bluebeam and CAD software such as Autodesk is desirable although full training can be provided if necessary.
- Outstanding time management skills with the ability to prioritise accordingly.
- A confident and professional telephone manner is essential.
- Self-motivated and methodical approach to providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Previous building design experience preferable but full training can be provided.
A competitive salary (dependant on experience) is on offer with a wide range of additional benefits.
As a company we offer an impressive performance-based yearly bonus scheme, with 50% paid in December and 50% in March. We offer 23 days paid holiday plus the statutory Bank holidays along with a health insurance policy that contributes towards dentist/optician costs, physiotherapy etc.
The role is predominantly based at our Earls Colne office with the potential for remote working during to COVID-19. Due to the location of our offices, it is essential that the candidate has their own form of transport.
As an applicant, you can be assured that the Milbank Group will take positive steps to ensure:
- Job descriptions and associated conditions relate to the particular job, define the qualifications, experience and other skills required in the post, and only include those factors which are necessary and justifiable in terms of objective criteria for the satisfactory performance of the job.
- All applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- All decisions are made in line with Milbank’s equal opportunities and recruitment and selection decisions, are made on merit - in line with the job and skills requirements set for the vacancy.
And when you become employed, we aim to ensure:
- A fair, transparent and equal chance in learning and development and terms and conditions of service.
- A working environment that is free from discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation.
- A working environment where a person’s identity and culture is valued and respected.
Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of the Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products Ltd recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Gold Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £25,000.00 per year
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place