Job Title: Project Manager
Are you a driven and proactive Transition / Project Manager? Can you manage transition projects and deliver to time cost and quality, maintain and report the transition project risks and Issues logs? Do you want to shape your world and change the way the world works? Do you want to collaborate and achieve together with committed people to the development and delivery of new capabilities to our customers? This is your world and your opportunity to shape it for the better.
Are you passionate about supporting our customers to achieve their Strategic Goals? Can you manage complexity, deal with ambiguity and deliver a range of projects in an environment that requires a high degree of flexibility and agility.
Do you want to shape your world and change the way the world works? Do you want to collaborate with committed people to develop our long-term Strategic Partnership and grow Fujitsu’s Business & reputation in the Public Sector and help our customers deliver its strategic Transformation Programme? This is your world and your opportunity to shape it for the better.
Shape your world
Are you able to connect people, technologies, and processes to create customer value and support Fujitsu’s customers on their digital journey? Then we are looking for you to join our team as an IT Project Manager!
In this exciting role, you are responsible for managing complex IT Infrastructure Projects within our Defence And National Security Business Unit. You ensure projects are successfully executed and all requirements regarding time, quality, and budget are met.
The projects you will be working on are high/medium in complexity and risk and managed in line with our standard Project- and Program approach. In this role, you will be reporting to a Programme Manager.
With your rich experience in managing projects – preferably within the Defence & National Security sector you know how to stand your ground dealing with complex environments and challenging stakeholders. You have a great way of bringing people and responsibilities together and are fully aware of the impact of these projects on the Fujitsu services organization. You will ensure that your financial management is in order, your scope management is adequate and all stakeholders, as well as project-related risks, are also managed effectively by you.
You will have solid experience in delivering Transition and Transformation projects.
You will be part of a team of around 1800 people whose main aim is to deliver a range of Services brilliantly to our customers and in so doing contributing to the realisation of business objectives for both the company and our Defence and National Security Customers. The DNS Team delivers a range of Programmes, Projects, and Services to the Ministry of Defence and other customers and one of our key goals is to deliver consistently high quality with passion. This level of quality gives us a license to share our points of view and provide thought leadership, which influences our customers.
- Defining transition project requirements,
- Managed the agreement process of the transition project requirements and objectives with the Project Board or appointed project assurance role.
- Managed the delivery of transition projects in partnership with the customer and business line to ensure acceptance, closedown, and handover to service
- Operated within defined working practices, ensuring compliance with local transition project management policy, procedure, and methodology where this is in place
- Gathered status reports of team members across their project and addressed issues as appropriate
- Established reporting project Key Performance Indicators to the Project Board through Highlight Reports and stage assessments
- Managed business and transition project risks and produces an effective plan and risk assessment so that timescales and project costs are understood and underwritten by all the parties
- Ensured that formal review procedures are used
- Managed transition risks associated with the deliverables of the transition project
- Integrated financial data for transition projects
- Ensured that the impact on the Business Line Profit & Loss due to project activities within the scope of the project is visible and that all contingency usage is signed-off by the appropriate governance authority e.g. Project Board
- Accountable for tracking the project costs and supporting Business Units in meeting payment milestones
- Ensured that the milestone achievements are signed by the customer and relevant invoices are raised
Shape your world and achieve together
We want the best people on our team, so we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds, and identities. The role may demand some travel and flexibility to meet clients and to drive performance, within a culture of respect for professional and private commitments. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all.
If you want to work alongside people with different ideas, in an inclusive business, that will welcome you and support you, come and co-create the future at Fujitsu.
Fujitsu has been recognized as a Disability Confident Leader by the Department of Work and Pensions. This is in recognition of our commitment to recruiting, retaining, and employing people with disabilities. As a Disability Confident Leader, we offer a guaranteed interview to all candidates with disabilities who meet the essential criteria for a role and are experienced at making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. Please let me know if you would like further information.