Job Title: Project Manager x2
Location: Bristol - Hybrid - this role requires regular travel to Bristol on a weekly basis alongside remote working arrangements and access to any Babcock Hub.
Compensation: £37,908.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43821
Joining the Programme Delivery Team reporting in to the PEDS Programme Manager to assist with the Planning & Engineering Design Services (PEDS) Contract.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for two Project Managers to work closely with the Engineering team to ensure we create and plan projects and then deliver to time, quality and cost factors.
What will you be doing?
- Build an integrated project delivery teams (including Project Management and Controls, Engineering, SHEQ, Commercial, Procurement and Supply Chain) that work together to define, plan, monitor and control the successful delivery of the project
- Managing Customer interfaces and associated stakeholders including identification and monitoring of project risks, planning and implementing responses
- Lead the project to deliver world class performance by means of employee engagement, continuous improvement and identifying and implementing the latest technology
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of the project, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Accountable for planning and monitoring the project; and submission of regular monthly performance reports; indicating any deviations, corrective action taken and escalation of issues
The experience you'll bring
- Strong IT skills essential
- Extensive recent and relevant experience in technology, Defence or engineering industry or a similar environment / business sector desirable
- Ideally a bachelor's degree in engineering/project/construction management or a related field
- A postgraduate qualification is also desirable, as is membership in a professional body
- APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) is essential
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.