Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
The 4th industrial revolution of digitalisation (Industry 4.0) is transforming connectivity, automation and productivity across every major industry sector. It's also generating new cyber vulnerabilities to critical national infrastructure and business operations.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.The Opportunity
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who has a keen aptitude to learn how larger businesses and projects operate.
Through strong client stakeholder management, building upon existing relationships you will aspire to become the trusted partner across a variety of domains.
This is our newest Business Unit – Industry and take the opportunity to make the role their own, whilst working with the Head of Delivery. There is a wide scope of project work within the business ranging from Research & Development, Product Development, Solution Delivery, Hardware & Software Products and Solutions for various markets in the UK and internationally.
- To successfully deliver projects from concept to project completion as per contractual requirements, within time scales, to quality and cost whilst delighting the customer
- To develop effective relationships with suppliers, subcontractors, partners, and clients to ensure successful and collaborative project delivery
- To manage the financial forecast for the projects using the company tools and processes and report to the Head of Delivery.
- Manage the resource requirements of the project(s) and build solid working relationships with the Resourcing function and client stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
Why We Want You
- Create and lead effective project teams, working with the technical team leads, if appropriate to deliver successful projects.
- Adept and able to pick up projects at different stages in the project lifecycle and drive them to closure.
- Team player who is willing and able to do what it takes to ensure customer delight
- Work with technical teams to obtain information to produce a project plan and maintain this plan through the life of the project
- Ensure requirements are being managed, recorded and signed off in the designated tool for the project.
- Maintain a risk register of threats and opportunities for the programme and validate contingency costs against these.
- Document and manage assumptions and dependencies for the programme and produce reports where required.
- Manage the resource requirements of the project(s) working with the resourcing function
The role will benefit from holder having:
- Graduate or equivalent qualification
- APMP or PMP Qualifications
- Can do attitude
- Experience in managing projects that range from conceptual research through to development, delivery, and support of multi-million pound programmes.
- Able to work through complicated situations whilst maintaining communications with multiple stakeholders.
- Solid business acumen
- Ability to see business opportunities and ensure delivery commitments are met
- Future Technology, mission critical project delivery of £multi million in a structured environment in the manufacturing, Telco, utilities, construction sectors or Industrial setting.
- Pre-sale / bid delivery experience and a thorough understanding of the business lifecycle
- Proved track record of successfully delivering projects
- Demonstrable experience of building excellent relationships both internally and with key client stakeholders
- Able to operate on a deadline focussed environment
- Must be flexible with travel arrangements and willing to contribute where needed to further the team’s success.
You will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.Security Information
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of BPSS clearance. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.