Do you want to work for a Bank who are revolutionising the entire industry? Can you drive a culture of continuous improvement? Do you love championing and embedding agile delivery methods? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
We have an exciting 5 year Transformation road map and we need a project management superstar to help us deliver it. As a Project Manager you will be delivering a wide range of initiatives targeted at our improving the Banks overall efficiency, promoting growth and scalability whilst ultimately enhancing our amazing customer experience. You will take the lead on tracking all project progress and will help to define project scope, success criteria, dependencies, assumptions and constraints with business stakeholders. You will work through the Metro bank change framework, encouraging effective teamwork through collaboration whilst enabling the sharing of skills experience and ideas. This role sits within our amazing Change team, the Change team is influential in driving business transformation across the Bank.
So what would you be doing?...
• Partnering with the Programme Manager or Lead Project Manager to provide business insight and overall status updates across your project
• Identifying best of reporting progress in line with the Bank’s project management framework
• Creating and maintaining of project plans
• Taking initiatives of varying size and complexity through full a project life cycle
• Devising relevant risk management strategy for your projects
• Taking responsibility of small to medium sized projects
• Pulling together relevant investment cases for your projects
• Contributing to the build out of the Bank’s project manager practice, including coaching, mentoring and peer to peer learning.
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• We need you to have experience leading high-performing teams within an Agile and Waterfall environment as a Project Manager, Scrum Master, Business Change Manager
• In order to be fantastic in this role, you need to have a good understanding of project management techniques and be able to tailor your delivery style using the most appropriate methodology for the project
• We need you to have experience of Agile and Scrum, as well as being adaptable to the needs of the business
• It would be great if you have some benefits identification and sizing experience
• You need to have a proven track-record of delivering a mixture of complex and non-complex initiatives across the full project life cycle
• It would be great if you have hands on experience working with third party vendors
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!