Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
£35,460 - £53,835 + Benefits
Marine Engineering & Systems (ME&S) is a value stream within the Marine sector of Babcock International Group. ME&S is a leading design consultancy providing naval architecture, marine, system engineering, electrical engineering design and project support services to the offshore, marine and defence markets worldwide.
Within this business unit, Naval Engineering have vast experience in engineering, construction, concept design and through life support for a wide range of front line naval and auxiliary support vessels.
Due to continued growth, we are now looking to bring a Project Manager into our team who will be responsible for delivering complex and exciting programmes and supporting the lead Project Manager, ensuring delivery to time, cost and quality.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Project Manager ideally with an Engineering background with Project Management experience. Defence or Marine experience is not essential, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery, including schedule, financial and risk functions.
- Support the development of accurate and up-to-date financial and schedule estimates to ensure the project is accurately planned and reported
- Manage the planning, monitor and control of work packages being delivered by other internal and external resources.
- Apply the Business Management System (BMS) appropriately for the project and produce and communicate project reporting data on Enterprise resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Undertake aspects of stakeholder management and communications activities are required and support development of stakeholder management plans.
The experience you'll bring
- Relevant Project Management or Engineering qualifications.
- Project management experience.
- You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Enhanced employment terms and conditions
- Money purchase pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Occupational health services
- Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
- Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
- Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.