Think big, create better
Amey Consulting's Highways teams impact the journeys of millions across the UK, by working in partnership with a range of clients and providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks.
Our teams work on both major design projects and local network improvements and undertake services on national to local frameworks; including those with Highways England Area 10,13 and 14 accounts to Wales and Borders - Amey Keolis and the Midlands Highways Alliance (MHA).
We make our towns and cities better places to live by improving connectivity, journey times and quality of life.
We are looking to recruit a Project Manager to work within our Area 13 team, who partner with Highways England providing design consultancy services. As our Project Manager, you will support the Programme Delivery Manager in the management of the portfolio of works for Highways, Structures, Technology and Designated Funds projects and be given the opportunity to step into their role in periods of leave. This is a high-volume role requiring experience of managing simultaneous projects, ideally within an engineering environment and/or with NEC3 experience and qualification. In this role you will oversee numerous projects concurrently in liaison with Amey and Highways England design engineers and on-site teams.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and work with their team to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and our supply-chain to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
In a typical week you will:
- Maintain excellent working relationships with Highways England and demonstrate a collaborative, flexible, can-do approach.
- Use your working knowledge of NEC3, leading and advising on appropriate clauses.
- Manage multiple multidisciplinary small value projects.
- Manage design teams and hub feedback and track performance in order to detail to the client.
- Review fee proposals and bids and understand the importance of managing and monitoring cost and resource against progress. Understand contract/commercial requirements of quotations and advise design teams and hubs in their writing.
- Commission and track other disciplines and resources within the business, and external consultants where necessary.
- Ensure a high standard of technical output for projects including being aware of current developments in standards and best practice.
- Lead the practice of continuous improvement, lessons learnt exercises, canvassing feedback from clients and monitor key performance indicators.
- Provide leadership in the promotion of H&S awareness and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and standards.
- Provide leadership to Project Manager and Assistant Project Manager.
- Lead your own personal development to ensure the natural growth of the team.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- A Degree/Masters qualification in a relevant discipline
- Professional qualification in Project Management
- Proven Project Management experience running multiple schemes, ideally within an engineering organisation or similar
- Working knowledge of NEC3
- Experience in CDM regulations and other health and safety legislation
- Experienced in Management of projects and programmes
- Experienced in Management of project risk
- Proven ability to problem solve in collaboration with clients
- Ability to work to tight timescales and budgets
- A team player with a high level of oral and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible and enthusiastic in approach
- Ability to develop and motivate self and others
- High level of computer literacy including competency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to build and maintain excellent customer and client relationships
- The confidence to bring new ideas and innovation
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you're happy, you'll think better. It's a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that's why we've worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers