About the role:
As a Project Manager, you will be the single point accountability and leadership for the delivery of a Project or Programme of work in a geographical area. This will be achieved by managing and assuring the performance of contractors to deliver project outcomes to time cost and quality.
Driving the development and continuous improvement of the project team and supply chain, relentlessly striving to deliver enhanced health, safety & environment outcomes, customer delight and superior commercial performance.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Deliver sustainable financial out-performance against approved budgets.
- Commercially manage all contract matters to achieve the optimal outcome for Thames Water.
- Develop and deliver an optimised project to achieve all regulatory, statutory and internal outputs, deadlines and targets.
- Deliver successful technical solutions that provide optimal value for money on capital and whole life cost basis.
- Performance management of the service providers to ensure the out-performance of service levels and value for money.
- Proactively manage project risk to minimise the final impact.
- Manage change and administer the contract for service providers.
- Ensure quality system and processes are complied with so results meet all standards.
- Maintain a strong external stakeholder relationship to actively protect and enhancing Thames Water’s reputation to external customers.
- Manage and develop people in a culture of accountability and achievement.
- Encourage and implement an innovation from the supply chain to develop a continuous improvement project culture.
- Establish and continuously promote proactive health, safety & environment culture across the project and our service providers.
- Achieve best practice in the safe and sustainable delivery of capital projects, as well as subsequent operation and maintenance.
What’s in it for you?Engineering your future to leave a legacy
- HNC or above in an appropriate subject or significant experience in a similar role.
- Excellent contractual awareness of Project Management work.
- A proven track record of managing the performance of third-party organisations.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering capital projects.
- Relevant industry and business knowledge.
- Financially capable of running profit & loss, taking account of revenue expenditure and cash flow to deliver agreed financial goals.
- Strong commercial approach with a good level of contract knowledge. Bases decisions on a balance of business development and cost control issues.
- Proven process improvement design and implementation capability.
- Can demonstrate a strong external customer service ethic, measurement of customer satisfaction and a proven track record of delivering improvement for internal and external customers.
Lift the lid of the UK water industry and you might be surprised with what you find – we are changing like never before! In the drive to deliver more environmental sustainability, we are seeking to become one of the biggest producers of green energy in the UK, we have some of the most complex assets in the country built by some of the most famous Victorians. We cover the most populous area in the UK which is growing at an unprecedented rate.
We underpin the safe functioning of society.
Do you want to cut your teeth delivering engineering and construction projects in this world? Do you want to leave a legacy?
This is ‘A’ game territory and we want ‘A’ game people.
We offer great people, who want to learn and test themselves to limit, full end-to-end exposure to exciting projects and programmes, collaborating with a myriad of suppliers, deploying innovative technology to secure safe water supplies for today and tomorrow.
Do you fit the bill?
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer to leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.