Position: Project Manager
Business Unit: Kier Living
Sub location: Newcastle Under Lyme
You can shape the world around you with Kier Group. We're one of the UK's leading names in construction - inspiring innovations in a multitude of market sectors - and wherever you join us, you'll be able to achieve and collaborate with one of the country's most established and inspired forward thinkers in construction, property, residential and services.
Kier Living is at the forefront of tackling the unprecedented demand for new housing in the UK. Government, local councils and housing associations trust our expert team and 100-year pedigree to deliver affordable mixed tenure and high-quality private developments - a commitment that's seeing us build thousands of new homes every year, offering you a valued role in meeting the housing needs of a nation.
To manage the delivery of projects to Kier's high standards.
- Project Manage all phases of the project, from contract award to close out, to meet all contractual requirements;
- Project Manage designated projects to meet company objectives post-contract with an input into pre-contract requirements emphasising customer care and business excellence;
- Ensure projects are safely delivered on time, to budget and achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction;
- Make sure project risks are identified and managed through effective mitigation measures;
- Ensure the project plan is maintained from inception to completion;
- Monitoring and communicating project financial performance and administration for all assigned projects;
- Oversee the co-ordination of operatives, subcontractors and supplier in a planned and controlled manner ensuring efficiency and minimising costs;
- Develop and implement the site business plan;
- Act as a point of contact, managing relationships with all stakeholders, consultants and service providers;
- Implement and comply with Kier's SHE policy and procedures, all legal requirements and best practice within Kier Group's including regular safety inspections within the allocated business area;
- Manage the Kier Living Quality and Safety manuals implementation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence;
- HNC/HND in an engineering related discipline required is desirable;
- Commercial and contractual awareness;
- Ability to maintain relationships with clients, customers and suppliers;
- Team Leader with organisational skills;
- Programming Experience;
In return we are offering a competitive salary and package as well as the support and scope to build a long and fruitful partnership with Kier.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.