Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Donnington or Bovington, UK - Hybrid with 2 days working from home.
Compensation: £44,576 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 45190
Be where you matter
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Manager at Donnington or Bovington.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
The Project Manager role is based within our Defence Equipment business area.
Defence equipment stores, maintains, repairs and overhauls military vehicles and equipment so the UK army is able to train and deploy in a moment. As well as supporting vehicles that are already in service, the team carries out vehicle assembly integration and tests new vehicles.
The difference our new Project Manager will make
As a Project Manager you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will undertake full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full delivery from initiation to delivery for complex & major initiatives simultaneously.
Day to day, you will be managing military vehicle modification projects of varying sizes.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides 3 days onsite and 2 days working from home and travel to other sites across the UK will be required.
* You will have previous experience in a project management position, possibly from the engineering/manufacturing sector but any industry will be considered.
* You will understand the full project lifecycle
* You will have an excellent understanding of project management principles and methodologies
* You will be qualified (APM, PMQ, Prince 2)
* You will have excellent stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to lead functional teams to bring a project together
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus 10 bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 6% of salary, with life assurance
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces CovenantIf you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 10th August 2022