PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To manage corporate projects in accordance with Prince2 project management methodology. To support business change and delivery of business benefits from inception through to realisation. To provide support and guidance to managers outside of the Portfolio Office and to provide quality assurance on force projects as required.
- To manage corporate projects assigned in accordance with Prince2 methodology, recording and maintaining project documentation, reporting on project costs, deliverables, milestones, dependencies and exceptions.
- To provide project management support and guidance to business leads and subject matter experts as required, thereby ensuring corporate standards for project management are adhered to.
- Proactively identify business change and business benefit opportunities offering advice and guidance in support of implementation, enabling a systemic business process to be established linking business benefit management into efficiency planning and performance management.
- During and post implementation of organisational change, monitor and evaluate to identify continuous improvement and systems thinking methodologies to ensure that resources, systems and processes are effective and economical. Conduct post implementation reviews of project objectives. Monitoring of business benefits and risk against internal and external criteria, sharing as best practice and learning for organisational memory.
- To quality assure project management products and processes on behalf of the force.
- To manage and develop project staff as required.
- To draft, publish and regularly maintain management products as required and to supervise/guide others in so doing e.g. business cases, plans, risk & issue logs, benefits realisation plan, etc.
- To identify and engage with stakeholders effectively managing stakeholder relationships including inter-agency and partnership arrangements.
- To undertake/manage research as required to progress mandates/business cases and plans, providing written reports and recommendations supported by relevant data analysis
- To undertake research and be aware of best practice and legal obligations related to the projects that you will be required to manage (eg. HMICFRS).
- To assist project managers by undertaking management/project tasks as required providing resilience for abstraction and enabling deadlines to be achieved.
- To represent the Force on national, regional and local bodies, conferences and meetings as required