Roke is a world-class technology and engineering consultancy. Roke delivers advanced research, development services and products to high profile customers who come to Roke with varied and challenging problems to solve.
Continuing to delight our customers is essential, and so the maintenance of very high-levels of delivery confidence and performance is a critical business function. Likewise, Roke has a direct responsibility to deliver consistently high-levels of financial performance into its parent organisation, Chemring. Fully understanding the governing contracts and delivering them confidently and robustly underpins this mission.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.The Opportunity
We have an exciting and engaging position for a Project Support Officer to join our Project Management function supporting our Defence business unit.
Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities:
This role is essential in order for the continuation of the departments’ workflow. You will therefore work across a versatile set of tasks, including but not limited to the following:
Why We Want You
- Driving consistency and efficiency into Project Management across the company.
- Producing project plans and supporting materials
- Meeting arrangements and subsequent minute taking and action tracking.
- Asset and loan management including ITAR tracking.
- Interacting with IT and facilities during project mobilisation.
- Set up bid/project folders and configuration management tools.
- On secondment projects, assist with timesheets, approve expenses (within limits of DOA) and monitor billing.
- Chasing up contracts for secondments and track spend on secondments against contracted hours.
- Act as another bridge between Roke and on-site/client-site staff
- Transfer of documents between systems
- Production of delivery documents
- Undertaking project auditing on E-F projects
- Always fully comply with Roke’s policies and procedures
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder’s experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the business
Education and Qualifications:
- Ideally educated to a minimum of A-Level or equivalent
- A formal foundation level PM qualification would be desirable
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Authority and gravitas
- Proven administration skills
- An eye for detail
- Good written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ideally have previous experience in a similar role
- A dedicated approach in finding work
Beyond these skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.Security Information
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.