Hatton Traffic Management is a leading provider of traffic management services across the UK. Established in 1976, Hatton has developed into a major force within the highways, rail and utilities sectors, working closely with our clients as a key part of their integrated supply chain.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Works Manager to join our business on a permanent basis at our depot in Wembley.
You will take on the exciting role of managing the traffic management works on a high-profile infrastructure project. With the support of your own technical team, you will be working on a project spanning across the next ten years. During this period, you would also be tasked to manage other clients in the area as the region grows into a long-term presence.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Take direct responsibility for profitability of assigned projects.
- Maximise framework revenue potential with assigned clients.
- Maximise additional traffic management revenue potential with assigned clients.
- Identify other areas of revenue (outside of traffic management) with assigned clients.
- Maximise profitability of all assigned projects.
- Maintain wages to sales ratio as per pre-defined project guidelines.
- Attend and participate in project review meetings.
- Provide Technical TM expertise.
- Assist in the recruitment process for shortfalls in staffing levels.
- Undertake disciplinaries in line with company process.
- Review and book training courses to support depot needs.
- Undertake regular site audits in line with business requirements.
- Review and action client forecasts weekly.
- Attend client review meetings as required.
- Identify working practises that create operational efficiencies and action through Regional Managers.
- Monitor project delivery to ensure it is in line with sales approach.
- Communicate clearly, courteously and effectively with clients.
- Manage effective communication to ensure resource availability.
- Ensure all work orders are entered into the relevant depot planner. Direct entry into Field Service System and monitoring of progress.
- Ensure accuracy in recording specific client / contractual data.
- In conjunction with the Technical Support Team, ensure quality control in respect of TM.
- Completion of project review reports as required.
- Ensure compliance of all company policies & procedures.
- Ensure safe working environment at all times and promote H&S by example.
- Resolve any H&S reported issues and liaise with the QHSE Manager as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) technical knowledge specifically for urban streetworks (12D).
- Self-starter and strong facilitator of improvement and change management.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working within a large infrastructure project.