Join us as a Quality Analyst
- If you have a keen eye for detail, then this could be the role for you as you make sure that only well designed and built work packages get through quality testing
- You’ll be the quality conscience of the team, assisting them to write and maintain automated tests as a standard way of working
- Joining us in this fast paced role, you'll have excellent opportunities for progression and developing your analyst capabilities
What you'll do
As a Quality Analyst, you’ll be assisting the feature team to define testable work that is technically robust, high performing, stable and secure and ensures excellent customer experiences and outcomes. Promoting continuous improvement, you’ll identify opportunities to maximise the customer experience and reduce the test cycle time by improving techniques, tooling, eliminating waste and creating a collaborative, proactive approach to quality in the feature team.
As well as this, you’ll be:
- Supporting the Quality Manager and the team in executing against the test strategy and quality by determining and advising which tests should be automated at which layer
- Making sure that test plans are adequately covered by test scenarios
- Creating different test and automation suites, such as smoke tests, full regression and progression tests, and end-to-end system regression tests
- Analysing the results of automated tests
- Providing data to the business and the team that focuses on quality and quality improvement
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of automated testing, particularly from an Agile development or CI/CD environment. You’ll be an innovative thinker who can identify opportunities and design solutions, coupled with the ability to develop complex automation code.
- We are looking for someone with experience of automated testing with 2 to years of relevant work experience, particularly from an Agile development, CI-CD environment and experience in Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver, POM(Page object model), CI/CD tool, cross browser testing tool, Java Selenium Automation.
- Experience in end-to-end and automation testing using the latest tools as recommended by the enterprise tooling framework
- A background of designing, developing and implementing automation frameworks in new environments
- You will be an innovative thinker who can identify opportunities and design solutions, coupled with the ability to develop complex automation code.
- You will have a good understanding of Agile methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team, with the ability to relate everyday work to the strategic vision of the feature team with a strong focus on business outcomes.
- Very strong in Test Scenarios & Test Cases / Script preparation and proficient in executing Test Cases / Scripts. Capable of analysing test output, identifying discrepancies and clearly documenting defects.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively across team boundaries so as to engage with different teams.
- Experience of developing bespoke testing frameworks, test strategy and planning, reporting, defect management, and behaviour-driven development.
- An understanding of the financial services industry, particularly retail banking and lending products.
- Solid technical skills in Java, J2EE, microservices, Cucumber, Gherkins, Cloud Technologies, Selenium, Maven, Jenkins, Rest/Restfull API JIRA and Confluence.
- Knowledge of DevOps, CICD, API automation, UI automation, Backend automation, Design Pattern, POM, HttpClient APIs, ADD (Acceptance Driven Development), Sprint, Scripts, GSON API, TeamCity/Jenkins, Groovy/Python/Java script, WebDriver, Karate, Browser Stack, Silk, JMeter. Junit, TestNG.
- Creativity, exceptionally high standards, and the desire to continue learning.
- Great interpersonal skills, so you can work with both senior business and technical stakeholders.
- Analyse the requirement and prepare test conditions, test scripts, expected results, test coverage analysis and define risk based analysis for a given testing effort.
- Engage with Business Analyst to understand the business and functional requirements.
- Experience in end-to-end and automation testing using the latest tools as recommended by enterprise tooling framework.