QSHE Manager | Wellingborough, United Kingdom | GB11582
Are you looking for a new challenge? We have a fantastic opportunity to work with our site management teams in the implementation of Quality, Safety, Health & Environment (QSHE) requirements ensuring that company and legal standards are implemented across the Wellingborough site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that professional guidance and information is provided to management that will enable them to operate in compliance with customer, company and corporate service and product requirements, health, safety and environmental legislation, and in compliance with certificated and corporate standards. In addition to actively contributing to and supporting the development and implementation of corporate and company policies, processes, procedures and other relevant standards and requirements in any continual improvement processes.
- Delivering support to the site as directed by his or her line manager in accordance with any current QSHE standard. Inform local management of changes to and new legislation related to QSHE
- Coordinate the Health and Safety audit program for the site and attend monthly QSHE BP meetings
- Organise monthly landlords and tenants meetings for the Wellingborough Site
- Assist the customer transition and integration team on new premises and business
- Advise department Managers and Colleagues as necessary on QSHE matters and management systems
- Develop site standard training packages, and develop and deliver ad-hoc bespoke training workshops and toolbox talks as required
- Investigation of site incidents and accidents. Receiving and analysing data on incidents and claims to identify areas that require resources
- Contribute to the improvement of QSHE systems within the business in line with Local , National and Central QSHE Objectives
- Carry out risk assessments for hazards of complex nature requiring qualified technical input. Identifying good practices and best practices and communicating them to the business
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Level 3 H&S Qualification (i.e. NEBOSH certificate equivalent) or working towards
- Experience of logistics management and training experience desirable
- Working knowledge of management systems including OHSAS18001, ISO9001, ISO14001
- Proven ability to analyse data - draw logical conclusions and apply them in an operational environment
- Strong detail-orientation, and co-ordination and organisation skills. Proven experience and ability in organising and prioritising workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to problem solving, and the ability to organise to achieve results, quickly absorbing and interpreting new/complex information
- A high degree of influencing skills with the ability to anticipate and plan for potential objections when making proposals
- Above average competency in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. MS Project and Access an advantage
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary with the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne + Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing Team