- If you have a keen eye for detail, then this could be the role for you as you make sure that only well designed and built work packages get through quality testing
- You’ll be assisting the feature team to define testable work and make sure that desired customer experiences and outcomes are achieved
- Joining us in this fast paced role, you'll have excellent opportunities for progression and developing your analyst capabilities
What you'll do
As a Quality Analyst, you’ll be supporting the Quality Manager and the team in executing against the strategy and quality by determining and advising which tests should be automated at which layer.
Promoting continuous improvement, you’ll identify opportunities for efficiencies to maximise the customer experience and reduce test cycle time by improving techniques, tooling, eliminating waste and creating a collaborative, proactive approach to quality in the feature team.
You’ll also be:
- Working in conjunction with quality automation specialists in writing automated tests and analysing the results of the automated tests
- Executing tests on a continuous basis triggered automatically by change events, minimising the execution time for the automated tests to obtain quick feedback
- Reviewing the business requirement, design and specification documents, and making sure that the test requirements are understood to produce and build the test plans
- Understanding RAIDs and managing them effectively to prevent late discovery and leakages into production
- Providing metrics to the business and the team that focus on quality and quality improvement
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need proven application of testing methodologies, including a range of Agile testing methods such as Test-Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development, as well as a wide range of testing automation tooling. You’ll also need practical experience of testing ideas, products, designs, planning and execution.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Experience in functional and non-functional testing such as system, system integration, user, load, volume, stress, security, accessibility, compatibility, penetration and backout
- Demonstrable knowledge of Agile methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team
- Experience of delivering testing activities in a technology or IT function
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of systems development lifecycle