Join us as a Quality Analyst
- If you have a keen eye for detail, then this could be the role for you as you make sure that only well designed and built work packages get through quality testing
- You’ll be the quality conscience of the team, assisting them to write and maintain automated tests as a standard way of working
- Joining us in this fast paced role, you'll have excellent opportunities for progression and developing your analyst capabilities
- This role is available at associate level
What you'll do
As a Quality Analyst, you’ll be assisting the feature team to define testable work that is technically robust, high performing, stable and secure and ensures excellent customer experiences and outcomes. Promoting continuous improvement, you’ll identify opportunities to maximise the customer experience and reduce the test cycle time by improving techniques, tooling, eliminating waste and creating a collaborative, proactive approach to quality in the feature team.
As well as this, you’ll be:
- Supporting the Quality Manager and the team in executing against the test strategy and quality by determining and advising which tests should be automated at which layer
- Making sure that test plans are adequately covered by test scenarios
- Creating different test and automation suites, such as smoke tests, full regression and progression tests, and end-to-end system regression tests
- Analysing the results of automated tests
- Providing data to the business and the team that focuses on quality and quality improvement
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with at least one year's experience as a QA and an extensive understanding of all stages of the product or service life cycle. This will include in-depth and hands on experience in areas such as product testing, static testing, systems testing, systems integration testing, user acceptance testing, compliance testing and operational readiness testing.
Along with this, you’ll have experience of applying a wide range of testing automation tooling, as well as testing methodologies, including a range of Agile testing methods such as test driven development and behaviour driven development, and experience of working in an Agile team. Knowledge of SIT and TS2 application would be an added advantage as would be experience in automation.
We’ll also expect:
- Experience of UAT phases and basic knowledge of Mainframes
- An understanding of the credit card domain
- Experience of testing ideas, products, designs, planning and execution
- Experience in functional and non-functional testing such as system, system integration, user, load, volume, stress, security, accessibility, compatibility, penetration and back-out
- A very capable communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills