Join us as a Quality Automation Specialist
- In this key role, you’ll be undertaking and enabling automated testing activities in all delivery models
- We’ll look to you to support teams to develop quality solutions and enable continuous integration and assurance of defect free deployment of customer value
- You’ll be working closely with feature teams and a variety of stakeholders, giving you great exposure to professional development opportunities
What you'll do
Joining us in a highly collaborative role, you’ll be contributing to the transformation of testing using quality processes, tools, and methodologies, significantly improving control, accuracy and integrity. You’ll make sure repeatable, constant and consistent quality is built into all phases of the idea to value lifecycle at reduced cost or reduced time to market. It’s a chance to work with colleagues at multiple levels, and with cross-domain, domain, platform and feature teams, to build in quality as an integral part of all activities.
Additionally, you’ll be:
- Supporting the design of automation test strategies, aligned to business or programme goals
- Using effective automated testing to ensure only well designed and built work packages progress in to production from Payments Technology
- Assisting the feature teams to ensure the desired customer experiences and outcomes and make sure that systems are technically robust, high performing, stable and secure
- Actioning and evolve more predictive and intelligent testing approaches, based on automation and innovative testing products and solutions
- Collaborating to refine the scope of manual and automated testing required, the creation of automated test scripts, user documentation and artefacts
- Designing and creating a low maintenance suite of stable, re-usable automated tests, which are usable both within the product or domain and across domains and systems in an end-to-end capacity
- Applying testing and delivery standards by understanding the product development lifecycle along with mandatory, regulatory and compliance requirements
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of automated testing , particularly from an Agile development or CI/CD environment. You’ll be an innovative thinker who can identify opportunities and design solutions, coupled with the ability to develop complex automation code.
Knowledge of payments processing, such as BACS, CHAPS, faster payments, SEPA, account switching or SWIFT would be an advantage. As would an understanding and experience of one or more automation tools like Silk, Selenium, J-Meter, Jenkins and Team City.
We’ll also look for you to have:
- Experience in end-to-end and automation testing using the latest tools as recommended by enterprise tooling framework
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team
- A background of designing, developing and implementing automation frameworks in new environments
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to management level colleagues
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills