Quality Assurance Engineer
About the role
Here at Babcock International, we own and operate complex marine engineering infrastructure at Devonport Dockyard, one of the largest naval bases in Western Europe, delivering through-life engineering services, technology, equipment consultancy and training to global defence and civil customers.
This role is within the Facilities & Infrastructure Quality Assurance Team to support and oversee project delivered upgrades, maintenance and modifications identified as through life requirements to the Facilities, Infrastructure and Assets that support maintenance activities on submarines and warships.
Although this role is within the Defence/Engineering sector, we will consider applicants from all quality backgrounds.
* Provide guidance, advice and support to Project Stakeholders on quality planning, delivery, installation, commissioning and handover in accordance with Business Management arrangements.
* Support the planning, development and review of Quality Management Plans (QMPs), Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) during Project evaluation and planning phases
* Support Project and Supply Chain in the realisation of ITP and QMP requirements, whilst applying oversight and progressive assurance to deliverable documents and records.
* To ensure that deliverable Life Time Quality Records (LTQRs) provide effective and assured evidence that the reference design intent of plant, equipment and Infrastructure has been adequately achieved.
* Provide support to Senior Quality Assurance Engineers in the dispatch of project lifecycle quality assurance activities.
* Support Senior Quality Assurance Engineers during internal and external audits
* Participate in risk identification, analysis and management processes whilst continually identifying and implementing improvement initiatives.
Key Skills and Knowledge
* ISO 9001:2015
* Knowledge on continuous improvement techniques
Key Behaviours and Technical Competencies:
* Demonstrate a 'Can Do' attitude
* Logical Thinker, questioning attitude and application of the Plan, Do, Check, Act approach to processes.
* Prepared to self-teach and progress within the function.
* A willingness to undergo further development and training as part of the role.
* Excellent oral / written communication skills
* Self-starter with good priority/ time management skills
* To have experience of Quality Assurance and Quality Control techniques and methods deployed within an Engineering Industry sector, including supply chain functions.
* To have knowledge of change management, document management and improvement programmes.
* An appreciation of the importance of national / International / Statutory and regulatory obligations with respect to Quality Management & Assurance
* NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an engineering or quality discipline
This position is within the Strategic Infrastructure business unit as a Grade 3 which has a salary of £31,470 with DRDL Terms and Conditions.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training. We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.