Quality Assurance & Governance Manager (Grade L)
- Job Reference: Ref:1876471
- Date Posted: 4 May 2021
- Employer: Greater Manchester Police
- Location: Prestwich
- Salary: £44,928 to £47,058
- Sector: Law enforcement & Security, Law
- Job Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
Greater Manchester Police (GMP) is one of the largest police forces in the UK and is responsible for keeping its diverse population of almost 3 million safe, spread over more than 1,200 sq. km. We are here to serve all the communities across Greater Manchester. It’s a big job but satisfying and it offers a variety of exciting careers for people like you.
GMP is committed to achieving an inclusive and diverse workforce reflective of the communities we serve and would welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
Opportunity: GMP is transforming the way it trains its student officers, and has recently entered into a contract with a university as a Learning Delivery Partner to lead a new, national learning programme which includes a degree apprenticeship. In order to support the delivery of this learning programme, a new Quality Assurance and Governance Team has been set up within our People and Development Branch.
We are looking for someone with a background in managing apprenticeships, who is an experienced and motivated leader to head up the new team. The successful candidate will:
• Manage the quality assurance and governance activities for all GMP's training contracts and apprenticeships;
• Manage and co-ordinate continuous improvement and evaluation initiatives; and
• Build, improve and maintain relationships with external partners and senior internal stakeholders in order to plan changes in relation to the contract and learning delivery.
In order to be short-listed for interview, the candidate must be able to evidence all of the essential criteria from the job description in their supporting information, including but not limited to the following:
• Significant experience of the quality assurance of Apprenticeship Programmes
• Significant experience of quality assurance and operating within a governance framework within a large-scale complex organisation in a similar capacity or role.
• Experience of carrying out lead verification and assessment in the workplace against occupational standards.
• Experience of managing quality assurance improvements with reference to applicable quality standards.
• Knowledge and understanding of contract management within the public sector.
• Hold a qualification relating to International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) standards of quality management.
• Hold a minimum of D32/33, A1 or TAQA (Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement).
• Hold a minimum of D34, V1 or TAQA (Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice).
The position will be based at the Sedgley Park Training Centre with the ability to work from home in accordance with Force policy, but the successful candidate must be willing to work flexibly at different locations across the force and have a willingness to work occasionally beyond normal hours of work.