Quality Assurance Manager
NMITE is working towards becoming a new provider of higher education in Hereford. Engineering- and teaching-focused, it will enable its future students to learn by undertaking real-world engineering and technical projects provided by employers and community groups. NMITE hopes to break the mould in existing higher education provision – to be a disruptive game-changer in every facet of its operations and programmes. Supported by government, industry and the profession our first intake will join us as soon as we have completed the validation process. Who, what and how we teach will all be radically different to traditional engineering degrees.
We recognise that future engineers need technical knowledge, but also that creativity, problem-solving ability, and understanding of humanities, arts, business and many other areas are all required to succeed, as well as the ability to use this knowledge in current and future professional contexts.
The complexity of our curriculum framework requires a robust and efficient QA operation to ensure the integrity of our student records system; to support a schedule of ongoing programme validations; and to secure/analyse student data and student feedback.
We are now seeking to make an appointment within our Registry Team for a Quality Assurance Manager
Responsible to: Academic Registrar
To provide advice, information, guidance, monitoring and oversight over NMITE to support all departments in quality assurance activities, including the academic regulatory framework, validation and review cycle, external/internal requirements, enhancement and maintenance of academic standards. Help ensure consistent implementation of NMITE’s Quality Assurance processes and contribute to the development of relevant policy and procedures. Develop and maintain an agreed area of quality management expertise in support of NMITE’s policies, plans and priorities.
Key duties/areas of responsibility:
- -To work with the Academic Registrar in supporting colleagues across NMITE on a range of issues in relation to the NMITE’s regulatory framework.
- To provide oversight and support for the implementation of the NMITE’s validation and review cycle.
- -Any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
- -Responsible for administering a number of processes and procedures for NMITE credit-bearing programmes of study - including annual monitoring, periodic review and External Examining.
- -Contribute to development, maintenance and implementation of policies and procedures to support delivery of NMITE’s growing academic portfolio, keeping abreast of developments in the sector to ensure best practice and regulatory compliance.
- -Support the implementation of quality assurance processes and best practice at institutional and course level, and in liaison with relevant staff and committees.
- -Provide secretariat support for the Quality Assurance Committee (QuAC) – including proactively drafting agendas and papers, taking minutes and ensuring that actions are managed and advanced.
- -Work with the Academic Registrar to co-ordinate central annual monitoring processes and provision of information to NMITE’s Validating partner.
- -Work with the Student Support Services and academic staff to support activities relating to student representation and the Student Voice.
- -Assist in researching and analysing information from a range of sources to contribute to preparation of reports for presentation at committees and/or to senior staff.
- -Play an active role in ensuring that student-facing information on both the website and MyNMITE is up to date, and that all communications are disseminated in a clear and timely manner.
- -Continuously review and maintain key publications associated with NMITE’s academic portfolio, such as handbooks and guidance notes.
- -Support the provision of information about the quality of NMITE’s academic portfolio (and associated quality processes), in line with both internal and external requirements.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Equality focused
We offer a competitive salary for the Quality Assurance Manager position. We also offer a competitive benefits package, including pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days holidays (plus Bank Holidays & closure days), ongoing training & development. We also have a clear progression framework in place. Most importantly, NMITE offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of something new. Working in the historic city of Hereford, you will be instrumental in developing a new way of educating engineers for the 21st Century. We offer you the opportunity to be the change that you want to see.
To apply, please email a full CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you want the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria. Informal questions about the roles can be addressed to the Academic Registrar, Tam Milner (email@example.com)
Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in higher education.
NMITE is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can be ourselves and succeed on merit.
The opening date for applications is 11 November 2020 The closing date for completed applications is Thursday 10 December 2020. It is anticipated that interviews will be held on Tuesday 15th December 2020 and that they will be conducted online, via MSTeams.