Join us as a Quality Automation Specialist
- In this key role, you’ll be undertaking and enabling automated testing activities in all delivery models
- We’ll look to you to support teams to develop quality solutions and enable continuous integration and assurance of defect free deployment of customer value
- Working in a fast paced environment, you'll benefit from great variety in your work as well as excellent exposure as you work closely with a variety of people across the bank
What you'll do
As a Quality Automation Specialist, you’ll be contributing to the transformation of testing using quality processes, tools and methodologies, significantly improving control, accuracy and integrity. You’ll make sure repeatable, constant and consistent quality is built into all phases of the idea to value life cycle at reduced cost or reduced time to market, to guarantee that any defects are identified as early as possible.
It’s a highly collaborative role, in which you’ll have the chance to work with colleagues at multiple levels, and with domain, platform and feature teams, to build in quality as an integral part of all activities.
Additionally, you’ll be:
- Evolving more predictive and intelligent testing approaches based on automation and innovative testing products and solutions
- Collaborating with your team to define and refine the scope of manual and automated testing, the creation of automated test scripts, user documentation and artefacts
- Making sure decisions are based on robust data, return on investment and value measures that demonstrate thoughtful and intelligent cost management
- Enabling the cross skilling of colleagues with the skills and benefits of end-to-end automation testing
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of automated testing, particularly in an Agile development or CI/CD environment. You’ll be an innovative thinker who can identify opportunities and design solutions, coupled with the ability to develop complex automation code.
You’ll have a good understanding of Agile methodologies and experience of working in an Agile team, with the ability to relate everyday work to the strategic vision of the feature.
We’ll also look for you to have:
- Strong experience with Java 1.8+ and BDD frameworks such as Cucumber and Gherkin
- Experience in end-to-end and automation testing using the latest tools as recommended by the enterprise tooling framework
- A background in designing, developing and implementing automation frameworks in new environments
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to management level colleagues
- Strong knowledge of testing REST APIs with experience automating user experience testing would be an advantage