Our Employment, Skills and Enterprise business provides support to citizens, from supporting the unemployed into sustainable work, to upskilling those with low or no vocational skills, so they can progress in work.
We are currently bidding on a number of contracts, the outcomes of which are due to be announced by the 16th April 2021. As such, we are expanding our team and we are looking to recruiting a Quality Manager.
The Quality Manager delivers compliance with relevant contractual and Serco Management System requirements through the design and implementation of a framework of effective processes and systems of control for adoption by Serco teams and supply chain partners.
- Support providers with their development of systems that ensure contractual compliance, minimise financial risk and ensure the quality of service delivery to service users
- Provide Senior Management with required quality assurance and compliance reporting as appropriate
- Ensure the business is protected from the risk of fraud through the implementation of effective anti-fraud processes
- Design and review appropriate operational guidance material, processes and systems of control to support quality assurance and compliance
- Create and maintain appropriate internal policy documents to support quality assurance and compliance
- Support internal delivery teams and subcontractors to improve the quality and compliance of their delivery through the delivery of training sessions
- Manage the production of Quality Improvement Plans that address any areas of supplier non-compliance and opportunities for systems improvement, and achievement of actions against these plans
To be successful in post you should have the following experience and skills:
- Experience of working in a Quality & Compliance environment ideally within the Employability sector
- Proven relationship management, influencing and negotiating skills gained in a managed service delivery organisation
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of management information
- Experience of training delivery and utilising coaching skills
- Line management and workflow management
- Strong IT skills with particular emphasis on MS O365
Interviews will likely be held virtually in late April/early May 2021, with a start date of 19th June 2021, with all roles being subject to contract award.
This is a remote position, however subject to contract award contracts could be located in - West Central (Birmingham, Coventry ; South and West Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire (Barnsley, Bradford, Leeds) ; South West (Cheltenham, Cotswold, Forest of Dean, Gloucester, Stroud, Tewkesbury) ; South and East London (Havering, Newham) ; Wales (Cardiff, Swansea, Vale of Glamorgan). Please indicated your closest location when you apply.
- Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that truly touch people's lives;
- A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways;
- Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Salary £40,000
- Serco discounts which include cinema, Merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme, and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships
- An autonomous and supportive culture
- The chance to make a positive difference to public sector services in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion
If you think this role would suit you, working in an exciting and challenging environment with like-minded individuals, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).