Join us as a Quality Manager
- We’ll look to you to provide direction and leadership on all quality matters across the platform or domain including adoption and compliance with the bank's standards and policies
- This is an opportunity to act as a key contributor in making sure that work packages transition seamlessly from development into live environments
- Hone your knowledge of quality best practices and collaboration and stakeholder management skills
What you'll do
In this key role, you’ll be making sure that only well designed and built work packages get through quality testing. You’ll aim to get it right first time for our customers through innovative service and solutions, using automation as an accelerator and working closely with stakeholders in an Agile and collaborative environment. We’ll also look to you to produce comprehensive and robust quality strategies and detailed quality test plans, enabling the continual flow of work packages across the domain, platform value stream or programme.
Additionally, you’ll be:
- Taking accountability for all aspects of quality across both run and change and business as usual activity within the assigned platform or domain
- Overseeing the output quality from all testing phases owned and making sure it meets the requirements of each quality test strategy
- Making sure defects are detected and prioritised, based on impact, and resolved at the earliest possible moment and before the last responsible moment
- Undertaking end-to-end test management including planning, risk, issue, dependency management, lessons learnt and governance
- Reviewing all key collateral relating to delivery and making sure it is of sufficient quality and with no gaps or duplication
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with strong knowledge and understanding of quality standards, quality best practices, and our risk and controls framework. You’ll also need at least 15 years of experience in test management and execution in both host and off-host areas.
You'll need high levels of knowledge and demonstrable application of modern testing and quality practices and techniques used with Agile methodologies, and knowledge of mainframes, Cloud PCF framework, web-services, MQ, API, Oracle and Autosys. You'll also need to have owned and delivered multiple migration and transformation projects, as well as experience in test automations.
Additionally, we’ll be looking for:
- Practical experience of quality strategy and planning, testing design and execution
- Experience in functional and non-functional testing such as system, system integration, user, load, volume, stress, security, accessibility, compatibility, penetration and back-out
- The ability to relate everyday work to the strategic vision of the feature, platform, domain and enterprise teams, with a strong focus on business outcomes
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management
- Good knowledge of Selenium, Silk, Jenkins, Topaz, JIRA, Confluence, TeamCity and CI/CD toolset
- Experience with credit cards solutions like Vision Plus or TSys packages
- The ability to create test estimates, test strategy, test plans, TCR and TIC reports, and manage the testing teams and test deliverables for various test phases