About The RoleAbout this opportunity;
We are looking to recruit ambitious, highly motivated Quantity Surveyors, Senior Quantity Surveyors, Cost Managers and Executive Quantity Surveyors. These opportunities will require Security Clearance to be gained if not already in place.
The Gleeds Energy team has over 25 years` commercial management experience in the power generation industry, within Power Generation, Nuclear, Oil and Gas, Renewables, Petrochemical and general engineering/manufacturing.
Gleeds Energy have a number of exciting and challenging opportunities, based in the South West.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
You will be a high-performing `self-starter`, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, who will be part of a team providing support to key clients in a full range of related services in the following areas:
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- Contract management and administration of bespoke professional services forms of contract
- Support to the development and operation of electronic contract management systems
- Contract compliance and audit
- Contract and risk management planning and implementation
- Attending / leading project and commercial meetings
- Contract awareness training development and roll-out
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- Generous holiday allowance plus option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
About The CandidateWho we’re looking for:Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills;
We are seeking candidates with at least five years’ of relevant experience in the services stated above, experience in the Nuclear / Civil engineering sectors is desired but not essential.
Candidates will have a broad spectrum of technical knowledge relating to Procurement, Supply Chain, Cost and Commercial Management - ideally both pre and post contract. Experience of standard forms of contract, including the NEC suite, and Public Contract Regulations 2015 would be beneficial, and candidates personal and communication skills, ambition, drive and energy will be considered equally important to be successful.Specific requirements of the ideal candidate include:
- Individual confident in their own ability and able to instil confidence within their immediate team and colleagues
- Ability to engage and influence multiple stakeholders to deliver required outcomes
- Experienced in the development and implementation of effective and efficient contract administration/management processes, procedures and systems, cost management and data management systems
- Conscientious and good attention to detail to ensure contract data is appropriately captured and recorded
- Familiar with interpretation of terms and conditions both standard form and bespoke contracts
- Able to support contract negotiations and resolve potential contract issues / disputes professionally and efficiently
- Experience in electronic contract management systems e.g. CEMAR
- Experience in cost management systems e.g. Coins, SAP, Oracle, Cobra, Concure, Ecosys, and analysist tools such as PowerBi would be of interest.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Excel
- Flexible approach to deliver significant change and energy required to overcome obstacles to change
- Self-starter and ability to deliver scope with minimal line management supervision
- Ambitious individual looking to continually develop and seek future career progression opportunities
- The personal drive to bring added value to the project
Applicants should be HNC, HND or Degree qualified in a Quantity Surveying / Cost Management, Construction Law, or similar / relevant discipline, or in some case applicants with an alternative background (e.g.: Engineering) may be considered. Professional qualifications and/or membership of the RICS, CIOB, CICES, CIPS or other relevant Chartered Institute are desirable, and will be supported if not already attained.
About The CompanyBe part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality