About The RoleAbout this opportunity;
We are looking for a Chartered Quantity Surveyor to join the Nottingham team. You will be responsible for managing costs and budgets of construction projects, from early cost advice to settlement of the final account. Responsibility includes managing customer relationships to ensure service deliverables.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- Supporting Business Unit Directors in delivering business objectives.
- Positively engaging with Customers and developing, growing and maintaining Customer relationships.
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that cost management deliverables meet Customers’ requirements.
- Managing projects to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures.
- Preparing and presenting order of cost estimates and option studies
- Cost planning and benchmarking
- Cost-in-use studies
- Advising on and implementing procurement strategies
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments
- Settling final accounts
- Providing technical advice on legal and contractual issues relating to construction projects
- Administrating contracts as Contract Administrator or Employer’s Agent
- Managing service delivery for profit
- Advising Directors promptly of any issues that have arisen, or that might arise, on projects; in particular those that might impact on Gleeds professional indemnity (PI) insurance
- Actively identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business Units activities.
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- Generous holiday allowance plus option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
About The CandidateWho we’re looking for:Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills;
- Broad, in-depth cost management experience post MRICS qualification.
- Experience of delivering Healthcare Projects utilising the NEC3/4 Forms of Contract
- Knowledge and experience of Healthcare Business Case Approvals Process and Costing (PID/SOC/OBC/FBC), including completion of Cost Forms
- Knowledge and use of Healthcare Premises Cost Guide (HPCG), Health Building Notes (HBN) and Health Technical Memoranda (HTM)
- Ability to attend Client and Project Team Meetings to deliver a variety of reports
- Ability to present a positive image
- An understanding of Governance within the NHS
- Experience of cost planning / options appraisals in the healthcare sector
- Experience of Target Value Design (design to budget rather than costing design)
- Detailed knowledge and practiced experience of cost estimating and cost planning techniques.
- Detailed knowledge and practiced experience of cost modelling and measurement software e.g. CostX
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of post-contract cost management tasks.
- Ability to administer construction contracts as Contract Administrator and Employer’s Agent.
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts.
- Ability to motivate others (including providing support and encouragement) and to lead high performance teams
- Clear and effective communication skills - both oral and written.
- Methodical way of thinking and approach to work.
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily.
- Excellent problem solving, negotiating, financial and numeracy skills.
- Sound ICT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to prepare first-class bids for services.
- Competent at negotiating sufficient fees to both complete services and generate required profit levels.
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage teams.
- MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
About The CompanyBe part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality