About The RoleAbout this opportunity
We are looking to recruit a number of enthusiastic and energetic Quantity Surveyors to join our cost management team to support our continuing growth. We are looking for Quantity Surveyors, Senior Quantity Surveyors and Associate level Quantity Surveyors.
You will be part of our UK Infrastructure business working on a variety of client projects in sectors such as Rail, Roads, Highways, Water, Utilities and Ports.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to establish friendly and professional relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Provide accurate cost monitoring, forecasting and reporting
- Driving the improvements in the accuracy of forecasts and budgets
- Administration of a variety of contracts
- Managing the contract change effectively to ensure the project remains within governance
- Collaborating with clients and contractors to manage the delivery of the project deliverables such as programme performance, cost control and value engineering
- Providing sound commercial advice and support to all stakeholders
- Leading people and commissions as required
About The CandidateWho we’re looking for:
The position requires the candidates to work in both Gleeds and client offices.
You will be able to work in a Client facing role and develop relationships within the industry and have a forward-thinking approach with the ability to develop client relationships.Experience
Candidates will have a broad spectrum of technical knowledge relating to Cost and Commercial Management in the Infrastructure sectors such as Rail, Roads, Highways, Water, Utilities, and Ports
Experience in or a sound understanding of the following will be a distinct advantage in applying for this role:
- Contract Management (NEC experience required)
- Cost Management
- Cost Verification
- Change Management and Control
- Value Management and Engineering
- People Management
- Commission Management
In addition to having the required experience the following skills are considered important to be successful:
- The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Good communicator
- Good organisational skills
- Good understanding of collaboration and associated behaviours
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Methodical way of thinking
- Good financial and numeracy management skills
- Knowledge of standard forms contracts (particularly NEC3)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Computer literate
You will be degree educated in a RICS accredited Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying course or equivalent and ideally be MRICS qualified or working towards Chartership.As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- 24 days holiday plus option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
About The CompanyJoining usBe part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities.We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.