Here within the @one Alliance we are a totally collaborative organisation made up of our seven partner companies (Anglian Water, Balfour Beatty, Barhale, MMB, MWH Treatment, Skanska and SWECO) and our extended supply chain, delivering over half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme.
We are heading into our latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7 and this will see us deliver a £1.4bn programme of work over the next five years. Are you ready to join us as we gear up to deliver the most exciting and innovative AMP we have ever seen?
As we move into an exciting and challenging period for the Water industry, it is essential our commercial and cost management processes and practices remain industry- leading to ensure we not only deliver, but outperform against our objectives and customer expectations.
To join the Commercial team on this journey of commercial excellence, we are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join the team!
As our new Quantity Surveyor, you’ll act as the commercial conscious to the integrated delivery team, providing commercial support to both the delivery management and on-site delivery teams. Ensuring that that operations are carried out to control costs, maximise value, minimise future liabilities and maintain the required standard of quality and safety, you’ll also oversee the full compliance with the Alliance and Anglian Water governance procedures on a consistent basis.
- Manage all aspects of commercial and cost management of a project or group of projects as designated by the Project Commercial Manager
- Ensure robust cost management processes are undertaken at all times with accurate and timely reports, data and analysis on hand to assist in commercial decisions
- Ensure that all project team members (including site staff) understand the contractual arrangements, in order to satisfy Client & Partner organisation requirements
- Work in collaboration with the Delivery Team to identify, implement and monitor efficiency plans throughout the lifecycle of a project or programme of projects
- Ensuring that proper records (including final accounts) are kept & maintained so financial information for audits and cost assurance is readily available
What we are looking for:
• Degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering/ management/ cost discipline.
• Extensive experience in managing costs
• Good Customer Service Skills
• Good leadership skills
• In depth knowledge of construction and safety
• Excellent communication skills
• Team Player
• Able and comfortable to challenge professionally
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender identity or expression, age, religion, sexual orientation and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and high-performing teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We welcome you to ask about flexibility at interview stage and we will explore what is possible for the role.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us using email@example.com if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
More information about the role
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the business.