Quantity Surveyor Location:
Witham, Essex Business Area:
Regional Buildings - Eastern
As one of the UK's leading regional builders, Kier Group's expertise, experience and flexibility is relied upon to deliver projects of all sizes and complexities, in many different sectors throughout the country. Every day of every year, our people meet all types of needs across hundreds of health, education and prison projects - building anything from a strategic asset costing hundreds of millions of pounds, to a small-budget school extension that creates priceless classroom space. Job responsibilities
As a Quantity Surveyor with our Regional Buildings Eastern team, you will be responsible for the commercial delivery of one of many exciting projects in the pipeline or work as part of a larger commercial team.
Responsibilities will include;
What do we need from you?
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
- Measure and value the work done on site
- Pay subcontractors, including issuing of required Notices
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- Select and/or source construction materials
- Write reports.
- Mange cash flow
- Prepare monthly cost reports
- Contact administration including change management and any contractual notices required.
- Implementation of Kier Group policies and procedures.
What will you receive:
- Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
- Experience within a similar role
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, trusted and focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. You can also expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance, private healthcare, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit
- options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyles
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount
- Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.
It's worth remembering that we'll undertake the relevant/ standard employment checks if you're successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted and Focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Kier is an inclusive employer Closing Date: 11/03/2021